Grace Potter

Not my kind of thing at all usually, but when the song kicks up a gear (and the Vee appears), this turns out to be pretty bloody good!

Comments

• cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,195
    I started liking Grace Potter and the Nocturnals with their 2010 eponymous release, but haven't caught up lately. Thanks for posting.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • veemanveeman Posts: 28
    Never seen anyone play guitar with only 1 finger. I wish I was so talented.
  • SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,669
    Yeah it was bugging me a bit, but then again, only us guitar nerds would notice a thing like that. Most normal guys would be more interested in her other attributes! =)
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,435
    I have been hearing about her for years but this is the first song I have actually heard. I figured since she had a signature Flying V that she was a real guitar player. Based on the video it does not appear so....but whatever. She is pretty nice to look at. The song was good and somewhat interesting.....but kind of hipster hard rock. It sounded like something you would hear on an episode of 'True Blood'. The song didn't blow me away but it held my attention. I would be curious about checking out some of her music.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,763
    Duojett71 said:
    I have been hearing about her for years but this is the first song I have actually heard. I figured since she had a signature Flying V that she was a real guitar player. Based on the video it does not appear so....but whatever. She is pretty nice to look at. The song was good and somewhat interesting.....but kind of hipster hard rock. It sounded like something you would hear on an episode of 'True Blood'. The song didn't blow me away but it held my attention. I would be curious about checking out some of her music.
    Looks like Gibson is making signature guitars for non-players these days, as long as they're easy on the eyes. They did one for Lzzy Hale of Halestorm too... 

By the way, "kind of hipster hard rock ... something you would hear on an episode of True Blood" sums it up perfectly IMO.  
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,435
    yeah....your right about Gibson.....but at least Lizzy Hale can actually play guitar.....don't want to listen to her music....on the other hand at least Grace Potter can seemingly write a decent song....
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,572
    She could be using an alternate tuning D or G (usual on bottleneck playing). Major chord on a barre.
    Or, she could be using a not sounding guitar.

• StitselStitsel Posts: 2,042
    Good job Gibson.No Michael Schenker Sig. V, but let's make one for Grace Potter...... :s 
  • MelodicGritMelodicGrit Posts: 599
    Stitsel said:
    Good job Gibson.No Michael Schenker Sig. V, but let's make one for Grace Potter...... :s 
    I remember thinking the same thing when they put out the Lenny Kravitz signature V.  Ridiculous.
  • SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,669
    Stitsel said:
    She's got much nicer legs than ol'Mikey.