New song, still unifinished

Yesterday morning, I'd wrote the main structure, and afternoon, composed and played the melody and the middle improvised solo (so, it can be done better).

The drumming is a bucle, I have to work the whole song, and, maybe, I have to put some diferent part on the middle.

Dou you like?

Comments

• I like it! Lot of good stuff in there, and I like that you kept it to 4 minutes. Any longer would have been too long.  I think it ends rather abruptly. Be nice to hear a clear, simple ending. 

Your arrangement works, and I like that the harmony guitars give you something new the second time around.  Because it doesn't have vocals, I don't think it really needs a bridge, as long as you establish both the A and B parts solidly (i.e. without playing lead over them too much). Both parts are strong and melodic.  

Life is easier, so much easier, life is easier now.
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 2,970
    Thank you, Dave; your opinion and advice, like always, is very good and productive.

It's a one day job, still. Lots of copy/paste. That's the good ending, but I have to record the actual break.

Yesterday a friend is dead (a guitar-friend, actually) and I'd know that on the middle of my composition. Maybe that coul be some kind of guide to the strange and emotional chord progression (that reminds me to a Bowie song, for some reason).

The B part came (maybe) from my Pat Metheny (little) background.

That's the Bowie thing:

• TravisWTravisW Posts: 886
    I really like the main progression you used throughout. Solid melody, too. 
  • Thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed it. Pretty good stuff.

The main riff sounds (to my ears) like something Kossoff would have played. This is a good thing.

The melody/ lead guitar seems more like a Schenker thing, along with other dino rock influences. Again very tasty and cool stuff.

I agree with the Dave, the ending was quite sudden and unexpected. But otherwise I would leave it as is as far as the main composition goes.
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 2,970
    Thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed it. Pretty good stuff.

The main riff sounds (to my ears) like something Kossoff would have played. This is a good thing.

The melody/ lead guitar seems more like a Schenker thing, along with other dino rock influences. Again very tasty and cool stuff.

I agree with the Dave, the ending was quite sudden and unexpected. But otherwise I would leave it as is as far as the main composition goes.
    I'd started the song thinking on a crunchy riff por a vocal song, but, things goes by itself :dissapointed:

I can see I can't hide my Schenkerishm.