Fast Eddie Clarke, 67 years old.

AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,566
edited January 11 in Bring Out Your Dead!
Even these scientifically evolved days, pneumonia is no walk in the park.

These news actually brought a tear to my eye.
Loved fast Eddies Motorhead.
http://teamrock.com/news/2018-01-11/motorhead-ex-fast-eddie-clarke-dead-at-67

RIP Eddie, I hope you are blasting Marshalls with Philthy and Lemmy, where ever you guys may be.

Post edited by Agrippa on

Comments

• The SeekerThe Seeker Posts: 499
    edited January 11
    Another one gone - Pneumonia has done for the awesome Fast Eddie.

That's all three of the 'classic' line-up gone now

RIP
    Post edited by The Seeker on
  • SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,495
    Very sad news.
    Eddie was one of my earliest inspirations and influences.
    If I still had my old bullet belt, I'd put it on in his memory... :'(
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,515

Fast Eddie was about as Dino as possible, RIP.

• Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,153
    This makes me feel horribly sad.  Like Lemmy and Philthy, he was one of the heroes of my youth. And he's still certainly one of my guitar heroes. I couldn't care less if he didn't shred diminished scales at 666 bpm, because his flair for hooky solos and memorable riffs, his molten-but-still-slightly-twangy guitar tone, and his pure rocking badassery on the classic tryptich Overkill/Bomber/Ace of Spades were pure greatness. 
    RIP to the last of the three desperados.  :'(   

• TravisWTravisW Posts: 875
    RIP Fast Eddie. I got a charge out of his playing. 
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 8,447
    Wow....this is heartbreaking. He was pivotal in the original Motorhead sound. Those first 5 Motorhead albums are classics. I loved the way he played. He played with aggression, feel and taste. He will always be the most iconic Motorhead guitarist. I also loved what he did on the first two Fastway albums. Those records were great as well. This really sucks. In this day and age people still die from pneumonia. RIP Fast Eddie....go find Lemmy and Philty and rock the shit out of the afterlife.....
  • OH man, this section sure has become heartbreaking in the last couple years...

so sad every member of the classic Motorhead lineup is gone now. He sure was a bad ass player.

today is a day I blast No Sleep till Hammersmith...
  • VandenbergVandenberg Posts: 3,719
    BAD day! Cheers for all the riff sir, RIP Fast Eddie
  • StitselStitsel Posts: 1,777
     :s  :'( :s :'(   

This is killing me.....

RIP Mr. Clark
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 5,898
    I was never a fan of Motorhead, but I totally dug Fastway. RIP
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 8,447
    Martin Poppoff shared the above picture on Facebook the other day....I thought it was a touching tribute to all 3 of those guys.....maybe a little depressing but It made me realize that the world of Rock N Roll lost 3 very important figures and two of them were very under-appreciated by much of the world. 
  • StitselStitsel Posts: 1,777
    Yeah.... I loved Fastway too, saw 'em open for Maiden on the Piece of Mind tour in'83, along w/Saxon......wow, good times, good memories.I too dug up All Fired Up & oh yeah what a great album too, along with the debut.....in latter years, I bought Eat Dog Eat, it was a serviceable blues/rock/metal album; I bought it primarily out of my love for Fast Eddie. But as someone else here said, those 1st 5-6 Motörhead albums can't be touched.I love all eras of that band &  will never complain about any Motörhead, but those Fast Eddie albums were bona-fide classics, each & every one knows it.
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,515
    Stitsel said:
    Yeah.... I loved Fastway too, saw 'em open for Maiden on the Piece of Mind tour in'83, along w/Saxon......wow, good times, good memories.I too dug up All Fired Up & oh yeah what a great album too, along with the debut.....in latter years, I bought Eat Dog Eat, it was a serviceable blues/rock/metal album; I bought it primarily out of my love for Fast Eddie. But as someone else here said, those 1st 5-6 Motörhead albums can't be touched.I love all eras of that band &  will never complain about any Motörhead, but those Fast Eddie albums were bona-fide classics, each & every one knows it.

All Fired Up was my first Fastway experience and I really, really like that album. I wasn't anywhere near as much into the first or stuff after, but I've had that release in some form or another since the month it came out.

Oddly enough, I almost passed up the vinyl upon release due to not liking the album cover lol! But the record store owner really recommended it, and I'm glad he did.

I would have worked with the singer, he had that nasty, ugly side to his voice that really helped drive proceedings. I didn't like how he kind of softened it more often later, that one attribute was what made him stand out imo.

HUGE fan of the song "Steals the Show" in particular. You want to play along with something that's blissfully dumb but rocks the paint off the walls? There's your song.