What Does this Button Do? Bruce DIckinson An Autobiography

Life is easier, so much easier, life is easier now.

Comments

• mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,271
    edited January 11
    Might need to pick this up! I also think Bruce is awesome for all the reasons mentioned in your review. Also I love when rock books are free of dirt, I am so tired of that shit and it doesn't interest my one friggin' bit to be honest... An insight into the mind of this great man should be a treat :) 

My fiancé have moved to Scotland for a semester abroad so I will have a lot of time killing on planes and airports the next few months - should pile up a few books :) 
    Post edited by mr_crowley on
  • TravisWTravisW Posts: 875
    I agree 100% with that review. It was a fun read, both enlightening and entertaining. I think we've probably heard most of the defining stories of debauchery and band politics, but this sheds light on the mind that helps create the elements of the music we all enjoy. 
  • Nick LaytonNick Layton Posts: 663
    Good review--I'm about 250 pages in, almost finished. To be honest, at first I was a bit disappointed because there is very little to chew on regarding Bruce's relationships with the Maiden guys and the albums...I always find that stuff fascinating. But once I got over that I have really enjoyed the book. Bruce is really an interesting dude!   
  • BytorBytor Posts: 1,308
    edited January 20
    I have to grab this for my kindle.. It MAY be the first music autobiography I've read where the subject hasn't been to rehab 23 times :)
    Post edited by Bytor on
  • the first time i read of this, i mistook the title as “What Does This Buffoon Do”.  lol  eyesight ain’t what it used to be.
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 2,943
    I like bios, I like english reading, I like Bruce... I thing that's a must for me.

About the " Most Interesting Man in Rock", coul be Brian May the second?

Off topic 1- You guys, you have to read So Anyway (John Cleese bio, ending just about the start of Monty Python).

Off topic 2 - The preface of Allan Holdsworth's book Reach of the Uncommon Chord is all about... BREWERY (he'd invented some artifact to serve beer).
    I'd read that 20 years ago when my english was near my chinese or german, and I was thinking "but, but... that's all about beer, isn't?".
  • About the " Most Interesting Man in Rock", could be Brian May the second?
    I don't know.  May is interesting because in addition to being a guitar god, he's an Astrophysicist.  I don't know if that's enough to make him second. What else is he?  Bruce is like a dozen things besides being a great singer.

Off topic 1- You guys, you have to read So Anyway (John Cleese bio, ending just about the start of Monty Python).
    I was thinking about reading that, but when I saw that it stopped short of Python, I was hesitant.

Life is easier, so much easier, life is easier now.
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,350
    Cleese's book is a great read. The man knows how to tell a story.
  • BytorBytor Posts: 1,308
    Sancho said:
    Cleese's book is a great read. The man knows how to tell a story.
    How many times has he been to rehab?   =)
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 5,898
    Just finished Bruce' book myself. It's one of those reads that you just can't put down. It feels like having a conversation with him over a pint!
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • OskyOsky Posts: 871
    I read a LOT of autobiographies many are by musos and two of my favorites are Pete Townsend's and Steve Jones' ... Most books I pass on to others when I've finished but those two are keepers!
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,366
    For Facts Sake is good, and the unofficial Yngwie one is excellent, although only an e-book (unless you're Swedish). 
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 2,943
    edited March 20

I was thinking about reading that, but when I saw that it stopped short of Python, I was hesitant.

Well, the Pyton's journey is more or less well known. But, prior to MP, he was working on TV with some of the Pytons, and, more, his own vision of his life is hilarious.
    Post edited by eduardoritos on