Ditto X2: returning it

VenomboyVenomboy Posts: 3,459
Ive been wanting one of these for years. Arrived last Friday. Sending it back tomorrow. 

I like what it does. Just hate the sound. On a dirty channel in front of the amp when I play over a track there’s just mud. Part of this might be because of the noise gate from my GMajor I run in the loop of my Framus Cobra. When I shut off the gate I get a bit more clarity. I’m not gonna run this pedal in stereo into 2 amps. It’s not a whole lot better thru my clean channel. Maybe it just hates my amp. 

Im probably going to replace it with a Source Audio Lunar Phaser. 

I might also build build a new board for my incoming amp

Comments

• SanchoSancho Posts: 18,269
    Real life >< TGP hype
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,067
    I have a ditto, and I find it usable only for clean or very slightly crunchy tones. However, it's possible to play with gain over a sampled clean pattern, though: you just have to put the ditto in the fx loop so its output is not affected by the preamp. 
  • VenomboyVenomboy Posts: 3,459
    Yeah... not feasible for me. Really bummed because I was looking forward to this pedal. 
  • DargavelDargavel Posts: 571
    Yeah, IMO loopers should be in the effect loop or not at all. If you layer the same notes or harmonics on top of each other with a bit of gain they can turn totally to mud. It doesn't happen nearly as much in the effects loop (but it does a bit if you're getting into tube saturation). 
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 2,873
    That's just the think I thoug every time I watch a YTB video.

I think you sould do some AyB wiring to another amp system, so you'll need two complete rigs for a proper use, in the case of a non clean backing guitar.

I can understand being used by Steve Morse (i.e., like I see him with DP), but in real life, not usable.

Better a tinny mp3 player into the PA.