Orm, Slægt, Solbrud. at "The Incinerator" 11/18/17

3 up and coming danish black-metal band, if you can say that about a "scene" that number less than 500 fans and musicians in my city, all in all. Slægt I had heard before, but the other two where new to me, My friend Hans and I arrive by  "handicap cab" just as "Orm" takes the stage, there a short linie we have to wait a few minutes before we are let in, as we enter the room, we are greeted by friends Lisbeth and Viggo, in their usual goth attire.  I sit on my "walker", to the left of the stage and Lisbeth feches me a Staroprammen dark, cold and nice and we watch the show.
The place is actually an old discontinued garbage incinerator, and is called "Forbrændingen", the Incinerator in Danish. But stage, crew, access, disabled access, bars selection of beers and toilets and soundsystem are all top notch.
Only draw back, it's way out in the 'burbs.

About the music, I liked "Orm", oldschool black, sorta like Mayhem around "Deathcrush".
Talked to a dude, English man from Sheffield I believe, he had travelled to Copenhagen just to watch "Orm", surely a fan.

Orm:

Viggo Knudsens billede

Next up was Slægt, which I have heard before, it's imo more Metal than Black-metal, lot's of guitars, both guitarists playing flying Vs and lots of solos and jamming, maybe even too much.

Viggo Knudsens billede

And then came Solbrud ("sunbreak", more or less).
I really like "Wolves In the throne Room", and "Solbrud" was certainly influenced by Olympia, wa's best.
Emotional ambient Black-Metal" They are all in thir early twenties but put on a great show, and played great, obviously listening to each other, and letting the music build very organic and emotional.
Loved it all.

Viggo Knudsens billede

Comments

• mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,627
    I am happy you enjoyed yourself! Going to a small club show, meeting some beloved friends and having a few cold beers. That's among the best things to do there is IMO :) 

Not really a fan of the music but I just need to say this that you have the coolest freaking venues over in Denmark. I mean this:
    Agrippa said:
    The place is actually an old discontinued garbage incinerator, and is called "Forbrændingen", the Incinerator in Danish. But stage, crew, access, disabled access, bars selection of beers and toilets and soundsystem are all top notch.
    Only draw back, it's way out in the 'burbs.

How bad ass isn't that?!

I played this place, Godset ,which were an old train carbarn with all the old stuff left, IIRC there were even a rail in the floor. Awesome!
    Never been to Amager (the old remodeled movie theater) but heard great things about that as well.

In Sweden we don't get that. The few cool places we still have are torn down and turned into glassy office buildings... :(