New instrumental - Mischievous Swing (remix uploaded)

2»

Comments

• mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,582
    Bytor said:
    It does have a Schenker vibe to it ..  B)

It is very nice of you to say, thank you!
  • Schenker's has been a very mentioned name on this thread. You should be proud of yourself. I know I would be ;)
    edited February 2018
    It is mind blowing, to be honest, and I am very flattered. I have been fortunate enough to have had his name thrown around a few times whenever I've recorded instrumental stuff. Unbelieveable feeling that someone can trace my very average playing to one of the true greats, and my number one no less :flushed: 

In my opinion the thing I've recorded that has the most in common with Schenker is probably this piece: https://soundcloud.com/pontusgustafsson-1/poogie-boogie
    Not that it in any shape or form is even close to something that would have come out of Schenker in terms of pure quality of the playing but it does, at least to me, got that kind of vibe.

Also, it is soon three damn years since I recorded that! Hard to believe, time flies :lol: Those were the last few months of the Gas Stars-era - it has soon passed as much time since I left as the whole thing lasted. Weird!

Itching to really get some stuff out there - whatever projects I have cooking won't materialize in quite a while, hope I can squeeze in some recording sessions in the near future. Has so much shit going on between work and school that I don't even practice everyday...

Maybe now would be a good idea to write and record another sort of left field idea I've had for a while - an instrumental guitar EP (originally I was thinking album but a) I could never come up with that much music in a reasonable time b) who the hell would wanna listen to that?) with songs named solely after different swedish body soap scents. They are always named really weird things (I guess they are in all languages) like sommaräng (summer meadow), körsbärsblom (cherry blossom), vårregn (spring rain) and so on... Something just tells me that is a cool concept and those names - as they make no sense in another language - may sound a bit cool and mystic and if nothing else, at least weird :p 
    Post edited by mr_crowley on
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,701
    They are always named really weird things (I guess they are in all languages) like sommaräng (summer meadow), körsbärsblom (cherry blossom), vårregn (spring rain) and so on... Something just tells me that is a cool concept and those names - as they make no sense in another language - may sound a bit cool and mystic and if nothing else, at least weird :p 
    ... just like my ektorp couch, malm desk, and svalnäs shelves  :p 

Seriously, go for it! 

Yeah, I forgot IKEA have had that shit running for 40+ years :p I still think my idea is kind of cool in a goofy way. We'll see, only one thing is certain - it will take some time :lol:
  • TravisWTravisW Posts: 976
    edited March 2018
    Just be sure to play really "clean". 
    Post edited by TravisW on