DRG Patreon page for automatic, monthly security cost donations. Info and Instructions. PLEASE READ

13»

Comments

• I'll look into it.  The only two runs of shirts we did years ago, to get the QUALITY I wanted, we had to do it differently. But that was 15+ years ago. But yes. We can explore it!
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,488
    edited March 2019
    I'll look into it.  The only two runs of shirts we did years ago, to get the QUALITY I wanted, we had to do it differently. But that was 15+ years ago. But yes. We can explore it!
    i am just now catching up to this.  i became VERY ill last summer, and i had to reduce my contribution.  i am coming out of my hell now, and as soon as i'm good with my credit overlords, which should be within 30 days, i'll step it back up.  also, i REALLY want a damn T-shirt.  really, i want a hoody, too.  if you feel like pursuing this, Dave, get with me, and i'll help like a motherfucker.  DRG must not go away!  it's often the only online sanity i have daily access to.
    Post edited by bourbonsamurai on
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,497
    edited March 2019
    You're already contributing monthly and you never stopped contributing. I appreciate it, and if you want to contribute more, that's always welcome. 

I'm talking about the regulars who are here every week who haven't been able to find even $1 a month.  Half the guys here shouldn't have to carry the other halfAs I said, there are guys who ARE financially strapped, who ARE contributing, and those who ARE NOT who aren't. But there's always money for more gear.

And look, if you're out of work or are otherwise financially strapped, I understand, and I don't want to take money out of your pocket that you cannot afford.  But if you're not, and you're not gonna miss $1,  or $5 a month, or whatever, it's time to step up.

Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 2,659
    What is needed to provide monthly? I contribute with a 1 time payment and can surely do more if needed.
  • One-time donations are great for when we need to pay for hosting, domain name renewals etc.  But for ongoing monthly costs, they are less effective.  I don't want to have to ask EVERY month, and then wonder who is going to step up and when. 

We're looking for a small, automatic, monthly donations through Patreon (see the beginning of this thread) that we can rely on to cover the $100 monthly security costs. We're currently covering $82 of it. We were previously covering $90+ of it, and I always pick up the gap (that's fine -- I should contribute too).

So if everyone who isn't already contributing just committed to $1-$5 a month, we'd be there easily and probably have a little cushion for when people have to drop out, or cut back due to life circumstances. 

• bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,488
    You're already contributing monthly and you never stopped contributing. I appreciate it, and if you want to contribute more, that's always welcome. 

I'm talking about the regulars who are here every week who haven't been able to find even $1 a month.  Half the guys here shouldn't have to carry the other halfAs I said, there are guys who ARE financially strapped, who ARE contributing, and those who ARE NOT who aren't. But there's always money for more gear.

And look, if you're out of work or are otherwise financially strapped, I understand, and I don't want to take money out of your pocket that you cannot afford.  But if you're not, and you're not gonna miss $1,  or $5 a month, or whatever, it's time to step up.

i've got a hookup on an OUTSTANDING merch company.  they are local, here in the New Orleans area.  if you remember the Erin Rose bar, and their outstanding merch designs, (the hoody with the shamrocks ring a bell?) it's the same company.  they can do awesome stuff with your logos and art, and are very competitive, in terms of wholesale cost.  get with me if you wish to pursue it.  i can get you photos, quotes, you name it.  i can also handle shipping and handling on my end.
  • Will do.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,324
    I just set up a $5 monthly payment
  • Thank you.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,711
    Just set the monthly payment Dave.