DRG Patreon page for automatic, monthly security cost donations. Info and Instructions. PLEASE READ

Comments

• DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,751
    Done through paypal dave!
  • MAdXMAdX Posts: 1,985
    As soon as I've got my ass out of the tricky economical situation I'm in, I'd be willing to chip in as well. Just need to sort out how I will pay my bills next month first. 
  • MAdXMAdX Posts: 1,985
    There we go, it's not much but I guess something is better than nothing!
  • Always said viruses are grown from anti-virus people, to spread their bussines.
    I'm convinced.
    As you said, Dave, from nowhere, thei're now earning 1200 $ a year, from a really tinny site.

If thei're doing so from each site on the net, big money is flying now, without an actual reason.
    It's a stole.
  • Mr IncredibleMr Incredible Posts: 364
    Are the numbers still adding up?  Do some of us need to bump the monthly contribution?
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,493
    edited January 2019
    Are the numbers still adding up?  Do some of us need to bump the monthly contribution?
    Actually, it's only generating about $80 a month now from 15 patrons which is down from about $100 (the necessary target) when I originally started the thing.

What would be nice is if more than 15 people did this. 
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
    edited March 2019
    The Patreon payout has dropped to $70 (and 14 patrons) which means some of you have reduced or eliminated your contribution and I'm picking up the extra $30 a month it cost to protect us from Russian bots and all kinds of shit that got us suspended before. 

I REALIZE keeping this site up has become EXPENSIVE.  I'm sorry for that. But it is what it is.

And while I am more than willing to contribute my fair share contribution to the security costs, I won't cover the overage myself indefinitely.

If you cannot afford to contribute monthly at this particular time, that's fine. But other members who are NOT contributing AT ALL (and I can name names) need to step up. We could use another $15-$20/month.

Or this whole place is going to become a just fond memory and a Facebook page. 
  • Eclipse IIEclipse II Posts: 292
    It might not be much but I’ve pledged $2 a month.  Hope it helps. 
    edited April 2019
    It's absolutely worth it and I appreciate it. 

HERE IS WHO IS CONTRIBUTING MONTHLY

1. Haffner
    2. Bourbonsamurai
    3. cvansickle
    4. Eclipse II
    5. eduardoritos
    6. gqn_angel 
    7. Sirion
    8. Joel C. (Not sure which username)
    9. Disciple83
    10. MAdX
    11. Mike_H
    12. Mr Incredible
    13. Mr. Crowley
    14. Gunner4Life
    15. Dargavel
    16. TravisW
    17. Seven Moons
    18. M11
    19. Duojet
    20. Snoogans 
    21. Tatosh Guitar 
    22. Shaggy
    If you are here on a weekly basis and your name is NOT on this list, PLEASE STEP UP.

I know some of these donors don't make a lot of money, but they're giving at least $1 a month. Obviously several are giving more.  The goal with this is to raise $100 a month (to pay for the security service), and we're at $82 and I cover all overages, which at this point is $18 a month.  

Most of you are great about paypal donations when it's time to re-up the domain or the hosting, but sadly, in this day and age, we need the monthly security as well. 

So if you're a regular, please find at least $1 a month to donate via Patreon to keep us running.

• Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,709
    I will start a monthly donation next week Dave. This place absolutely needs to stay around. With the baby, me losing my job and my shoulder injury last year things got a little messy around here. But now it’s starting to get slightly better. So count me in.
  • M11M11 Posts: 815
    Just added my contribution. :wink: 
  • VandenbergVandenberg Posts: 3,873
    Will be sorting you some out in the next few days man.
    On a different note Dave what about some merch? You could upload the logo to the likes of teespring or the likes and those of us so inclined could buy a shirt etc. That way you don’t have to order inventory as it would be print on demand. Might not make much but every buck helps?
  • The issue with merch is that I have to lay out for the initial investment, and keep a bunch of stock around, and the demand isn't that high. But yes, I could look into doing another run of T-shrits.
    The issue with merch is that I have to lay out for the initial investment, and keep a bunch of stock around, and the demand isn't that high. But yes, I could look into doing another run of T-shrits.
    That’s why I was suggesting one of the print on demand services. You wouldn’t have any initial outlay or have to hold any stock. Just upload the logo etc then they print and ship when people order. You might make less per item but there is no outlay and you can leave it up for as long as you want.