Glen Campbell RIP

He was so much more than just "Rhinestone Cowboy," and he went out with class. RIP

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/08/glen-campbell-dead/

Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!

Comments

• VandenbergVandenberg Posts: 3,703
    edited August 8
    Great voice, great player, great songs, will be greatly missed rip Glen.
    Post edited by Vandenberg on
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 16,059
    He was ill for a long time. 
    Life is easier, so much easier, life is easier now.
  • pprovostpprovost Posts: 2,584
    edited August 8
    I think this was one of his last songs where he sang about what he was going through:

RIP, Sir
    Post edited by pprovost on
    I think sometimes if you try to play too technically, you lose something in the music - like you're playing for another guitar player. I like to play for people. The more sophisticated and mature guitarists become, the more they go with the feel.

- Ritchie Blackmore

• Jay GJay G Posts: 2,546
    Came home to this devastating news.  Those that know me well know he was one of my first musical heroes.  I had seen Glen probably 10-15 times over the years including 3 times on his final farewell tour.  The deterioration was evident and quite sad.  This is from the first row, opening week of the farewell tour.  He was already struggling with singing but the playing chops were all still there.  I sat outside University of PA Irvine Auditorium to 1am just for a chance to finally meet him this evening.  Unfortunately he was too ill and tired that night to meet fans.

IMG_1420.JPG 97.2K
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 8,231
    edited August 9
    I heard Glen Campbell's version of "Dock Of The Bay" as a kid before the original.....I still prefer his version. Great songwriter, artist and player....a legend for sure. RIP Glen...
    Post edited by Duojett71 on
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,132
    Loved Glen. Always will.
  • Mike_HMike_H Posts: 757
    Watched various youtube videos of his playing over the last few days. What a scary great player and a genuine funny guy in interviews.
    I first remember him from watching True Grit with my Dad, years ago. Great movie.
    Sad he had to go through what he did. RIP sir!
  • A huge loss.

Truly one of the all time great musaicians. An absolute beast of a guitarist whom has left us a wealth of great material and playing to enjoy and learn from for many many years to come.

R.I.P
  • jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,028
    NPR interviewed people that worked with him . One guy said his guitar skills were the last thing to go .

He couldn't recognize his children but he knew what to do when they put a guitar in his hands . God Bless Him .
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 5,827
    My wife just read to me a tribute to Glen from Alice Cooper, of all people. Apparently, they were golfing buddies in Arizona and played together at least twice a week.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 2,546
    My wife just read to me a tribute to Glen from Alice Cooper, of all people. Apparently, they were golfing buddies in Arizona and played together at least twice a week.
    They also had a longtime bond as devout Christians and Conservatives