New Alice Cooper songs

Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 7,845
Two songs off the upcoming Alice Cooper album have been released. So far, I like what I'm hearing, more than what I've heard of "Welcome 2... ".   The title track "Paranormal", in particular, retains some 70s Alice vibe IMO. I don't know if there's a lot of Alice fans here, but I thought the guitar work on both songs was pretty cool (not sure who's playing). 

Comments

• SanchoSancho Posts: 18,057
    I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, so...  ;)

Seven Moons said:
     I don't know if there's a lot of Alice fans here, 

• eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 2,716
    Modern style crafted songs. I like it!
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 8,042
    Apparently Michael Bruce, Dennis Dunaway, and Neal Smith are on 4 or 5 tracks of this album. I am curious to hear it. I wish he would do a whole album with those guys....but it's cool they are playing on a significant amount of this one.
  • DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,469
    The 10 track album also features a very special bonus CD a mini-album consisting of two brand new songs written and recorded together with the original Alice Cooper band members Dennis Dunaway, drummer Neal Smith and guitarist Michael Bruce alongside carefully selected live recordings (six live tracks recorded last year in Columbus, OH with Cooper's current touring lineup)  'Paranormal' also features special guest appearances by U2's Larry Mullen Jr., ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons and Deep Purple's Roger Glover.

• AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,430
    edited July 19
    I love Alice Cooper, and he has been consistently good both on record and live since he got out of the cul de sac that was 80s glam.
    Since his Hey Stoopid monstrosity (1991) he hasn't made an album I didn't run out to buy and subsequently love to death.
    His Dragontown trilogy (Last temptation of Alice Cooper, Brutal Planet and Dragontown) is bloody awesome imho.
    He is better today than most acts half his age, or younger.

Every time he is in town I go to see him, and he hasn't disappointed since his laughable "Raise Your Fist And Yell" tour.
    The few times I've seen him at Wacken he has been really good.

Post edited by Agrippa on
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,430
    edited July 18
    Oh yeah, and the guitarists are Ryan Roxie, Tommy Henriksen and Nita Strauss.

Post edited by Agrippa on
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 7,845
    Agrippa said:
    Oh yeah, and the guitarists are Ryan Roxie and Nita Strauss.

That's his live band, yes.  But it seems that the guitars on the new album are played by  Tommy Denander, a swedish guy who apparently does an awful lot of session work with AOR bands.   

As for Alice, I saw him only once, in 2011, with Steve Hunter and Orianthi, and it's possibly one of the 5 best concerts I've ever attended. Not only was it a great rocking performance, but watching an Alice show on DVD doesn't begin to convey how festive and funny it is in real life. 
  • JohnnyJohnny Posts: 78
    I think that the whole "Trash" album is awsome but I don't care about Alice's other stuff much. I saw him live about ten years ago and that gig sucked too.
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,057
    Johnny said:
    I think that the whole "Trash" album is awsome but I don't care about Alice's other stuff much. I saw him live about ten years ago and that gig sucked too.
    I think Trash would be a killer album with another singer. His voice doesn't fit that music at all. 
  • MelodicGritMelodicGrit Posts: 341
    I never really cared much for Alice Cooper other than his recognized classics, but these are both catchy tunes; if the rest of the album is similar I'll pick it up.