Four Hundred Nanometers

Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 7,898
I try to keep posting something here once a year or so... it keeps me motivated.  So here's a little instrumental thing (I really can't call this a "tune") that evolved from the Apple loop of a keyboard riff found among Garage Band samples. Guitars and bass by yours truly.  EzDrummer drum patterns. Garage Band organ sounds. 

Comments

• LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,282
    That's really cool man!
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 8,127
    Very cool....are the organ parts performed on guitar? Nice playing btw... kind of sounds like a Spiritual Beggars song
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 7,898
    Duojett71 said:
    Very cool....are the organ parts performed on guitar?
    No, just pre-existing organ loops in Garage Band. 
  • yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,451
    Deep Purple meet Schenker ?
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,113
    My Woman From Hannover? 
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
    yngwie666 said:
    Deep Purple meet Schenker ?
    Kinda... there's a V on the left, and a strat on the right...  
    My Woman From Hannover? 
    Now that would be a good title! 
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 15,884
    Sounds real good, Vin. 
    Life is easier, so much easier, life is easier now.
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,108
    Ohyeah! This was really cool sounding, like it :) 
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 541
    That was really cool. Really sounds like Schenker playing over a Purple song... Is that modeling or an actual amp?
    That was really cool. Really sounds like Schenker playing over a Purple song... Is that modeling or an actual amp?
    Real amp (Marshall DSL 50). 
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,171
    Purple Schenk!
    that explains it. That's great tone. You created the whole thing on garage band? How are you getting the sound to the computer?
    that explains it. That's great tone. You created the whole thing on garage band? How are you getting the sound to the computer?
    Yes, I use Garage Band for my recordings. Perfectly fine for what I'm doing.  The signal goes as follows: 

Guitars:   DSL 50 Head ----> Torpedo Live Loadbox with Ownhammer Impulse Response of a Marshall 4x12 cab ---->  ESI Duafire interface ---->  Macbook.   Before getting the Torpedo Live, I used to mic an Orange cab with a SM57, but the volume was almost unbearable at times.

Bass:  Zoom B3 ----> Macbook. 
    Yes, I use Garage Band for my recordings. Perfectly fine for what I'm doing.  The signal goes as follows: 

Guitars:   DSL 50 Head ----> Torpedo Live Loadbox with Ownhammer Impulse Response of a Marshall 4x12 cab ---->  ESI Duafire interface ---->  Macbook.   Before getting the Torpedo Live, I used to mic an Orange cab with a SM57, but the volume was almost unbearable at times.

Bass:  Zoom B3 ----> Macbook. 
    Thanks. I already have the Marshall, the 4x12, and attenuator with a line out and a Macbook... will probably check the Torpedo hehehe
  • Disciple83Disciple83 Posts: 295
    Very cool! Why is it called "Four hundred nanometers"?