Comments

• bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 444
    wow.  the Demartini model looks killer.
  • Gunner4LifeGunner4Life Posts: 5,818
    edited July 14
    Price is fine... It's an MSRP, and a USA custom shop guitar, the white ones MSRP was well over $3000 as well, I got mine from The Music Zone new for $1800, they had them listed at $2400... For comparison, my GMW was $1300, but then after the case, and shipping, it came out to about $1800 as well, and that was a relatively nameless custom shop guitar... The market determines the prices, hate the lawyers and dentists :)

Then of course there are the "But it doesn't have a Floyd Rose!" brigade, like the lack of a Floyd, which most manufacturers only upcharge $100 for, with some not upcharging at all, should lower the price by $1000 :/

It is sweet though
    Post edited by Gunner4Life on
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 8,042
    I am really surprised at how much Fender/Charvel is getting behind Warren and Jake.....I am happy to see it for sure. Those dudes deserve it. I couldn't think of two more deserving players......but besides guys like us....who are these guitars appealing to? Are the 'Bark At The Moon' and "Out of The Cellar' albums having some kind of revival that i am not aware of? 
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,057
    Those guitars are aimed squarely at guys like us. Middle aged, some disposable income, trying to recapture the halcyon days of youth. Where do I sign up?
  • VandenbergVandenberg Posts: 3,688
    The blue burst was my all time fave Jake Charvel, damn!!!
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,078
    edited July 14
    When I saw these in my feed this morning I instantly thought of you guys, I don't know how many times I've read somewhere here rave about "Jake's purple Charvel", haha!

It is all good though, it is a kick ass guitar. I love the Frenchie though, I still remember Warren ripping You're in Love on a black one on Sweden Rock when I was 16. Life defining moment for sure ;) 
    Post edited by mr_crowley on
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 7,845
    The mistakes in the french motto make it sound like a google translation from the chinese  :lol:   
    But from what I've just seen, it was like that on the original too. 
  • gqn_angelgqn_angel Posts: 1,264
    I'd never realized that Jake's original blueburst was poplar and not alder...?
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,123
    Duojett71 said:
    I am really surprised at how much Fender/Charvel is getting behind Warren and Jake.....I am happy to see it for sure. Those dudes deserve it. I couldn't think of two more deserving players......but besides guys like us....who are these guitars appealing to? Are the 'Bark At The Moon' and "Out of The Cellar' albums having some kind of revival that i am not aware of? 

Ultimate Sin yay! :)

The Jake is pretty darn nice, what a warm colour.

gqn_angel said:
    I'd never realized that Jake's original blueburst was poplar and not alder...?
    Same here.....not sure how I feel about that. Poplar is a fairly cheap wood. Seems to me Fender was using that on Squiers....
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,057
    edited July 16
    Poplar was the default Jackson bodywood on import Jacksons in the nineties, if memory serves.
    Post edited by Sancho on
  • Gunner4LifeGunner4Life Posts: 5,818
    edited July 17
    Might be cheap, but it sounds good. Ernie Ball used it a lot, at least on the Steve Moorse guitars, maybe some Silhouette models, and my USA RR is made of it. 

Basswood is cheap too, sounds good.
    Post edited by Gunner4Life on
    edited July 17
    Might be cheap, but it sounds good. Ernie Ball used it a lot, at least on the Steve Moorse guitars, maybe some Silhouette models, and my USA RR is made of it. 

Basswood is cheap too, sounds good.
    I have always had an issue with Basswood and never understood why it is used in a lot of signature guitars like Vai's and EVH Wolfgangs as well as a lot of the Axis guitars....other than it is cheap. To me most guitars I have ever tried with basswood don't cut it in a rehearsal situation....you can't hear much low end it seams....so they lack any kind of fullness to them. When I was selling Ernie Ball MM Axis guitars I saw several of them get returned for that very reason.
    Post edited by Duojett71 on
  • SirionSirion Posts: 2,821
    Poplar was used for most Kramers too. Definitely a mid-rangey tone, but I don't really buy that it is significantly 'worse' than alder.
  • gqn_angelgqn_angel Posts: 1,264

Didn't mean to imply that poplar = bad coz it's not (classic Peavey Vandenberg Signatures were made with poplar).

But as many here have pointed out, planks of poplar are less expensive than alder or ash.  I was just literally thinking out loud my surprise that Jake's original blueburst was not alder...and then I guess the corollary is that this new custom shop guitar will be made of poplar (based on "painstaking" recreation efforts) with custom shop pricing as well.