Pedalboard Complete!

MAdXMAdX Posts: 1,889
edited June 11 in Effects Forum
I just completed my gigging pedalboard the other day with the purchase of a Flashback Mini. Never thought I'd get so much stuff on a Pedaltrain JR! 

What I really like about this pedalboard is that it's portable and requires no more cables on stage. 

Signal path: Guitar > TC Electronics Polytune 2 Mini > Fulltone Octafuzz > Dunlop CryBaby Mini Wah > Ibanez TS Mini > TC Electronics Spark Mini Booster > AMP1.
FX Loop: Send > TC Flashback Mini > Strymon Flint > Return
Power Supply: Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus.

Also, I got these two pedalboard accessories that I really dig. The first one is the Evidence Audio solderless patch cables, easy assembly, custom length patch cables that take up minimal space on your board. I got the kit for 5 cables to try it out, but I think I'll replace the rest of the cables as well.

The other one is Pedalboard Tape, much stronger than standard velcro, that keeps my pedals in place. This was necessary for me since I often store and transport my pedalboard vertically, and I always had issues with the pedals coming loose. 

So... I'm really happy about this setup. The only thing I'm not sure about is wether the Spark Booster will work better for me in the FX loop or not... Decisions..!

Post edited by MAdX on

Comments

• inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,092
           Ya know MAdX ....... That looks mighty fine. I'm not a big BluGuitar AMP 1 supporter, (I'm just too stuck in the tube past), but I really like the choices and layout you've created. A Wah Wah, Trem / Reverb, Delay, Clean Boost, Tube Screamer and Octafuzz. A straight up rig for a lead guitarist.

• cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 5,803
    I love my Cry Baby Mini. Between that and the EHX Soul Food on my baby board, I could plug into most any amp and get a great sound.

Congrats on the finished board!
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,132
    Looks great!

Compact and loaded with pretty much anything you would want. How do you like those minis generally? Do they stand up to their big brothers well? :) 
  • MAdXMAdX Posts: 1,889
    Thanks guys! 

Regarding the mini pedals, tone wise they are as good as the originals I think. The TS mini and the CryBaby for example are both true bypass unlike their bigger brothers. Really like the dip switch in the CryBaby that changes the voicing too. I guess it would be nice to be able to switch through delays with a dial like you can on the original Flashback, but sincerely I don't need it since I don't use different delays live. Right now I have it set up with a nice tape echo toneprint that does the job. 
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 2,770
    Never complete, always on process!!!
    Good gear for a gig.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 7,932
    MAdX said:

The other one is Pedalboard Tape, much stronger than standard velcro, that keeps my pedals in place. This was necessary for me since I often store and transport my pedalboard vertically, and I always had issues with the pedals coming loose. 

Interesting. I always have issues with the velcro, not because of the velcro side itself, but the adhesive side doesn't stick well to the rubber under certain pedals.  Not a big issue as I'm not gigging. And loose pedals or not, my pedalboard always looks like a total mess anyway :s  
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,123
    Compact! I really need to set up my board properly, it's such a mess now. @MAdX - any links to Pedalboard Tape?
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • MAdXMAdX Posts: 1,889
    MAdX said:

Interesting. I always have issues with the velcro, not because of the velcro side itself, but the adhesive side doesn't stick well to the rubber under certain pedals.  Not a big issue as I'm not gigging. And loose pedals or not, my pedalboard always looks like a total mess anyway :s  
    Exactly my issue as well. The glue on the pedalboard tape is MUCH stronger too.
    Compact! I really need to set up my board properly, it's such a mess now. @MAdX - any links to Pedalboard Tape?
    Here ya go! 

http://www.thegigrig.co.uk/pedalboard-tape-c2x15357232
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,123
    Interesting. I always have issues with the velcro, not because of the velcro side itself, but the adhesive side doesn't stick well to the rubber under certain pedals.  
    Once you switch from Boss to real pedals, like MXR, the problem solves itself.
    Velcro sticks just fine to a painted metal box.
    If you insist on keeping your toys :p , I find that wrapping a bit of the velcro around the side of the pedal helps keep the velcro on.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 7,932
    Sancho said:
    Interesting. I always have issues with the velcro, not because of the velcro side itself, but the adhesive side doesn't stick well to the rubber under certain pedals.  
    Once you switch from Boss to real pedals, like MXR, the problem solves itself.
    Velcro sticks just fine to a painted metal box.
    If you insist on keeping your toys :p , I find that wrapping a bit of the velcro around the side of the pedal helps keep the velcro on.
    I haven't owned a Boss unit in ages, but I've had the issue with every pedal having a plastic / rubber / non flat sole. These days, my setup is : Dimebag Wah (out of the pedalboard) --> Korg Pitchblack --> Mooer Orange 90 --> Voodoo Lab univibe and a Carbon Copy in the loop, so the little Mooer phaser (which is otherwise damn good) is the only one misbehaving. 
    When I had a bunch of those little plastic Danelectro pedals 18 years ago, I would just peel the rubber layer right off and then use Velcro. I wasn't worried about any resale value on those.

Sometimes you can work around the rubber bottom. For example, on my Cry Baby Mini, I turned the bottom of the pedal over so the rubber side faces the circuit, and put Velcro on the unpainted side.
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,123
    Sometimes you can work around the rubber bottom. For example, on my Cry Baby Mini, I turned the bottom of the pedal over so the rubber side faces the circuit, and put Velcro on the unpainted side.
    So are you saying the Crybaby Mini doesn't have those stupid feet but sits flat on the surface?
    Sancho said:
    So are you saying the Crybaby Mini doesn't have those stupid feet but sits flat on the surface?
    It's got a full rubber footprint that covers the entire bottom of the pedal. But like I said, flip it over to attach the Velcro.
  • yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,457
    Instead of velcro, I use 3M Dual Lock. It's available in different "density", so if yo use a strong density you'll need a flat screwdriver to separate the 2 elements ! It also sticks really well to pedal and wood.

http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/All-3M-Products/?N=5002385+8710676+8710815+8710962+8711017+8716423+3294857497&rt=r3#ConnectWithUs

You can find it on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/3M-Dual-Lock-Reclosable-Fastener/dp/B007OXK330/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1497868423&sr=8-4&keywords=3m+dual+lock

• SkyeSkye Posts: 1,577
    Very nice! 

Yeah and I love the custom length patch cables.