Todd Rundgren

Excited as hell

New Todd album 'White Knight' due out tomorrow - 12th May

All new material and guests include Joe Walsh, Joe Satriani. Trent Reznor, Daryl Hall and Donald Fagen etc.

Reviews are pretty good and I'm a huge fan (when he doesn't do electronic music)

Comments

• cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,212
    I've only heard his 70s hits, but I did see him perform as part of Ringo's All Starr Band two years ago. The guest list sounds great on this release though, so I should check this out, yes?
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • The SeekerThe Seeker Posts: 602
    Todd was a guitar virtuoso, but plays about 20 instruments and has experimented with all sorts of music.   He has a straight up hard rock album from 3 or 4 years ago called Arena which is like AC/DC in boogie mode.  I saw him touring this album and it was just about the most fun I've ever had at a show.

He has done a guests album before and had Ritchie Kotzen and Luke on it.  Here is the Luke track 

I will add update after listening to White Knight

• Old SchoolOld School Posts: 763
    I've listened to this a few times. Very keyboard heavy, 80's style pop. Not a guitar album at all. But it's okay.

• The SeekerThe Seeker Posts: 602
    Good precis

I love the songs and enjoyed the album a lot, but very little guitar to attract the Dino brothers
  • MelodicGritMelodicGrit Posts: 601
    I picked up his Global album a few years ago on a whim.  I wasn't sure what to expect.   It wasn't Dino by any means, but had some interesting/catchy tunes and I still listen to it occasionally.
  • DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,772

I was a fan back in the day...liked the UTOPIA stuff.....saw them in Binghamton,ny in the early mid 70's...great show....The stage show was cool....see this clip...poor quality....8min mark he climbs the pyramid thingy. I got some cool pics buried somewhere with this stage setup.

Also liked his other short lived band NAZZ from 1968. 

Shit i'm getting old  :(