Y&T at BB King's, April 26, 2017

a couple of shots from tonight's show. Short and sweet, Dave is still on top of his game. 2 hours of solid hard rock delivered with gusto.

Comments

• Fuck. I wish I'd known.  I'm HERE now.

In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,522
    I was at the show on the 22nd here in Raleigh....it was a pretty amazing show. Set list was great to. Played pretty much everything I hoped they would except "Open Fire"....which is strange because the current tour is called 'The Open Fire Tour'....but still Dave was on fire....both on guitar and vocals. He sounded great.
  • BaddstuffBaddstuff Posts: 1,305
    and I actually had a ticket for Loudness the night before Y&T but something happened and that show got canceled. I heard on facebook that they had a problem getting into the country. Not sure how true that is but I was very disappointed. Let's see if they reschedule.

Duojett71 said:
    I was at the show on the 22nd here in Raleigh....it was a pretty amazing show. Set list was great to. Played pretty much everything I hoped they would except "Open Fire"....which is strange because the current tour is called 'The Open Fire Tour'....but still Dave was on fire....both on guitar and vocals. He sounded great.
    I don't think Dave has disappointed me anytime I've seen him. I thought the new bass player, Aaron Leigh, fit in beautifully. Great stage presence. I too wanted to hear Open Fire but at least they played Mean Streak and Hang 'Em High. As long as Dave is fronting the band I think they'll always kick ass. And Mike Vanderhule was a beast on drums. I loved Leonard's drumming but Mike has done an excellent job. These guys are definitely worth seeing.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,522
    Yeah Aaron and Mike were great. Mike nailed the drum intro to "Black Tiger"....and hearing that song was the highlight of the show for me. I was also happy to hear "Hang 'Em High". I hope they come back around next year as this was the second time Y&T came around in about a year. 
  • jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,030
    This is good news !

These guys are still performing at a high level and not disappointing the fans !  YAY!
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 2,687
    Baddstuff said:
    and I actually had a ticket for Loudness the night before Y&T but something happened and that show got canceled. I heard on facebook that they had a problem getting into the country. Not sure how true that is but I was very disappointed. Let's see if they reschedule.

loudness was denied access to the US.  The entire tour was cancelled including a spot this weekend at M3.  While a lot of people were quick to jump to conclusions that this was the result of new US policy the fact is this is a repetitive issue with Loudness over the past several years.  People in the know say they have a real management issue for this to keep occurring.  Something is not quite right.

• DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,787

From Loudness:

This is to all of our fans who were anticipating to see the LOUDNESS US Tour starting April 19th in Chicago.

We greatly regret to inform you, but due to various reasons the planned tour scheduled for the US has been postponed effective immediately. LOUDNESS deeply apologizes for any inconvenience that this may cause our fans.

We plan to learn from this experience, prepare more accordingly, and we promise to put on a US tour again in the near future. Please wait a little while longer until that is possible.

From the members of LOUDNESS & Staff.

well, let's hope they can work it out. I was all psyched for some Akira.