Chickenfoot "Divine Termination" NEW SONG from new "BEST + LIVE" release 3/3/17

Comments

• HaffnerHaffner Posts: 6,891

It can be kind of annoying when Don's posts get buried, as he often puts up interesting clips and I miss them until days later. Not sure how that happens.

This was very meh to me, primarily because a) I still completely despise that soulless guitar sound and b) Sammy sounds like he was uninspired during the recording. It could have been a really good groovy rocker, but I got the feeling this didn't have any heart added.

Actually, that probably explains why nobody answered this post yet! Sammy, go work with someone else (just PLEASE NOT BONAMASSA!). Shoot, see what Beck or Slash is doing, I'd buy that.

• BreakfastimeBreakfastime Posts: 2,138
    Totally agree on the guitar sound--and overall uninspired vibe.  I just can't get behind Chickenfoot--kinda feel like it should be great, but it comes off like some American Idol of rock band supergroups.  Bland, imo
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 7,807
    I don't really get this band's music. It bores the shit out of me. For one it has Satriani on guitar which I am not a fan of......but beyond that this seems to be a waste of talent when it comes to Hagar, Anthony and Smith. I would rather listen to Sammy's more recent solo stuff.
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 2,482
    As a huge fan of all these guys I can tell you the albums were pedestrian at best with just a few catchy grooving songs each.  The real treat with this band was live performances. That is where the band really shined.  That first tour blew me away.  It was the first time in a long time I had seen a band perform virtually no known material to me (sans encore) and keep me interested every minute.
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 5,668
    I much prefer Sammy Hagar and the Circle.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!

Sammy is practically bulletproof in my opinion. Though I didn't like the Hagar Van Halen thing songwriting quite as much as the original overall, Sammy really brought the superb forth. He seemed to have completely matured into a true Quintessence of Rock, blowing away many of the bigger names imo. The way he sang "Dreams", "Give to Live" (live with VH...incredible imo). Plus the Montrose...hell, the whole "Sammy at his peak" demi-god thing.

Chickenfoot...you know I'd hear it when guitar friends brought the CDs over, but I put it with Black Country Communion, because both bands equated a big negative in my time. I just could not get into any of it, but then I also don't care for the guitar players much.

Dude...just think: Slash and Sammy. I'm dead serious. It would kick Sammy into high gear Rock mode, instead of this overly effected slab of same. Just my opinion, and I honestly don't mean any offense to fans of Joe and....uh, Joe (sorry).

edited February 16
    I much prefer Sammy Hagar and the Circle.

Chris, this Circle thing looks interesting. Oh, and hi!
    Post edited by Haffner on
  • The SeekerThe Seeker Posts: 433
    Ironically, for a live video, with the drum kit antics etc, it lacks attitude and Satch just seems a bit out of place having to chug along for 3/4 of a song and then put in a little solo.

I have seen the Circle twice.  I wish Sammy would dissolve them and go back to the Wabos.  I don't go to see Sammy to see Zep covers which for me are as bad as Hendrix covers.  I have no interest is seeming the Bonham kid who just continues to live off his dads coatails.  Just a huge disappointment trust me.
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 5,668
    Jay G said:
    I have seen the Circle twice.  I wish Sammy would dissolve them and go back to the Wabos.  I don't go to see Sammy to see Zep covers which for me are as bad as Hendrix covers.  I have no interest is seeming the Bonham kid who just continues to live off his dads coatails.  Just a huge disappointment trust me.
    That's a shame, the live cd kicks ass.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
    Jay G said:
    That's a shame, the live cd kicks ass.
    They are good but pay attention to the vocals.  As good as Sammy is on the Zep stuff they are pumping in Plants vocals behind him.  Well at least when I saw them live.  Believe it or not I don't have the CD or DVD from the tour.  I just never got around to it.