New Tony Iommi song

AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,379
edited January 6 in Current News

From his facebook page yesterday:

"Here is a track I composed for Birmingham Cathedral St Philip's, featuring contributions from the Birmingham Cathedral Choir and words selected by the Very Reverend Catherine Ogle, Dean of Birmingham. This is my way of giving back to Birmingham.

You can watch the song here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r-9-5T93N8

You can download an mp3 of the song at the Cathedral website here: http://www.birminghamcathedral.com/news/

Finally, there is a story about the song here: http://www.classicfm.com/…/black-sabbath-tony-iommi-how-g…/…  "

Post edited by Agrippa on

Comments

• Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 7,699
    It's strange, after the first 10 seconds or so, I almost expected to hear Ronnie starting to sing at any moment...  
    I wish Tony would make some kind of solo album. 
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 17,922

I wish he'd get Tony Martin and Bill Ward and make a kickass Black Sabbath album...
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 15,627
    It's strange, after the first 10 seconds or so, I almost expected to hear Ronnie starting to sing at any moment...  
    Yeah, at some point, the drums need to thunder in with a heavy riff, and RJD needs to start singing. 
    The only guy in Boston who knows what that thing sticking out of the left side of the steering column is for. 
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 7,699
    Sancho said:
    I wish he'd get Tony Martin and Bill Ward and make a kickass Black Sabbath album...
    I suppose he'd have to call the band "Eternal Idol" instead of "Black Sabbath", then. 

• SanchoSancho Posts: 17,922
    Sancho said:
    I suppose he'd have to call the band "Eternal Idol" instead of "Black Sabbath", then. 

Not if he shoots Ozzy in the fucking face first.
  • DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,409
    Well, maybe now he will start a new side project ...only 9 Sabbath dates left and his throat issue looks good.

BLACK SABBATH Guitarist TONY IOMMI Learns That Lump In His Throat Wasn’t Cancerous - “I Found Out On Christmas Day.

Back in December, Tony broke the news that doctors discovered new activity in his throat and they were unsure whether the lump was cancerous until he went under the knife. Speaking to Wyatt to promote the choral arrangement he has penned for Birmingham Cathedral, Tony said he received the ultimate gift when he was told on Christmas Day that the lump wasn’t cancerous.

“Well, I had the treatment when I got back from South America,” Tony told Wyatt. “I went in for the throat (operation) – they found a lump at the back of my sinus in the throat and we had to have it checked in case, it may have been cancerous. But it turns out it wasn’t, which I found out on Christmas Day which is brilliant! So far (I’m all good). I daren’t say that I’ll probably fall down the stairs now!”

• VenomboyVenomboy Posts: 3,348
    Love it. I'm glad it didn't get heavy.
  • MovingWavesMovingWaves Posts: 558
    I loved that.
  • BreakfastimeBreakfastime Posts: 2,145
    Cool.  I kept waiting for the loud part tho!  Kinda needs an "Into the Void" kinda riff to kick off the follow up track...
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 6,962
    Sancho said:

THIS IS A VERY GREAT IDEA!

And this is up there with the best of what Iommi's done in this century imo.

• Black RoseBlack Rose Posts: 204
    Sancho said:
    Sancho said:

Not if he shoots Ozzy in the fucking face first.

That's funny as hell.

But it's Sharon that is the problem when it comes to the name isn't it? I don't give a shit what the law or contracts or whatever say, Tony is Black Sabbath and everyone knows that.