Boss Katana

Comments

• bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,646
    i’ve used mine so hard, the speaker is starting to fart.  i’m likely going to upgrade to the 100 head, or the artist combo.  i’m still loving every minute.
  • i’ve used mine so hard, the speaker is starting to fart.  i’m likely going to upgrade to the 100 head, or the artist combo.  i’m still loving every minute.
    Yeah, I've got mine tweaked to pretty much "my sound", put it in the amp stand and it cuts through great, sounds great. 

It's a wonderful grab and go amp. 
  • A.J. HuckleberryA.J. Huckleberry Posts: 1,229
    edited June 2019
    Update: second amp didn't last 6 weeks. I returned it, made a stink and had my money credited towards a Blackstar Artist 15 for rehearsal. The Blackstar is heavier, and not as versatile, but has great tone and has so far outlived the Katanas.
    Post edited by A.J. Huckleberry on
  • Nick LaytonNick Layton Posts: 753
    I just got the 100w head. So far I dig it but haven't tried it out with the band yet. Also yet to record with it. Had a hard time dialing in a high gain tone until I'm opened up the Boss Tone Studio software...that's where the magic is. So, lots to experiment with...I'm not totally sold yet but it's slowly winning me over.
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,715
    Yes, the tone studio makes a huge difference. Also the master controls at the end of the chain can add a bit of extra tone to the thing. 
    My son still loves it, and hasn't asked for anything else for a year, so my bank balance is happy. 
  • BytorBytor Posts: 1,720
    Trying one as well, too early to pass judgement. I guess I need to find the editor software..
  • After messing around with this thing for a few weeks I'm not all that impressed. There is a harshness that is hard to dial out. I wanted something with more flexibility in channel switching than my Amp1 BluGuitar set up (which I still love), but this ain't the answer, for me anyway. Overall it's ok...I never did get to try it with the band as we've been on a summer break...but if something isn't blowing my skirt up after 3 weeks it probably never will. So, I'll have it up for sale soon on Reverb.

I AM excited about the fact that I just bought the Headrush pedalboard though. :-) Now this thing looks promising!

• EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    It's just a decent and flexible option for home practice. Shouldn't expect anything more than that out of this. I got my tiny terror the British glory mod and set it up with a Two notes Torpedo Captor, I don't use the Katana unless the other guitar player in the band wants to visit and work in some stuff.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • So I’ve decided to buy the 50w mkII as a Christmas present to myself. I’m off on Monday so will head in to my local guitar shop to check it out. 
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,715
    I'd check out the 100w as well, it has more options. 
    Although none of them have a tuner. 
  • So my 50w MKII arrived today. Have only played with it for about half an hour but am loving it so far. Great sounding amp for £220!
  • Hi all,  theres a mass of options tone and gain wise, still sussing out with the app 4 weeks in!.  Like many I love warming up w some dino F# shredding, this is the best Gary/Ritchie setting I've found yet on the Katana. Settings were brown tone, digital delay and hall reverb.

Listen to F# Minor Dino intro.m4a by Guitarlicks on #SoundCloud

• The SeekerThe Seeker Posts: 631
    Hi all,  theres a mass of options tone and gain wise, still sussing out with the app 4 weeks in!.  Like many I love warming up w some dino F# shredding, this is the best Gary/Ritchie setting I've found yet on the Katana. Settings were brown tone, digital delay and hall reverb.

Listen to F# Minor Dino intro.m4a by Guitarlicks on #SoundCloud

LOL - I started singing Mistreated about 5 times - Then you played it !!!

• eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,850
    Years ago, having that tone at home, was, simply, imposible. 
  • Yes,  agree. Seems Kirk from Metallica is a Katana Air user btw,