Deep Purple "Time For Bedlam" Official Lyric Video from the new album "inFinite"

Rock legends Deep Purple will release their new album, inFinite, the highly anticipated follow-up to their worldwide chart topping album NOW What?!, on April 7th via earMUSIC. “Time For Bedlam”, an up-tempo classic Deep Purple song, has just been made available via a lyric video.
Time For Bedlam” will be available as instant grat as part of the digital album pre-order, as well as on all streaming platforms starting from Thursday, December 15th, midnight worldwide with the physical pre-order of the album to start at the same time.

A limited edition EP for “Time For Bedlam”, with non-album songs and unreleased recordings will hit the shops on February 3rd.

A documentary movie, witnessing the songwriting process and the recording of the album with producer Bob Ezrin, has been produced, allowing for the first time for the fans to be part of the private band member interactions in the studio. The movie will be included in some editions of the album and it will be presented before release in various fan events worldwide.

Deep Purple recently announced their Long Goodbye Tour, which will bring the legendary live show once again all over the world. The band have not yet answered, in fact, the many questions received by fans from all over the world who are speculating about the meaning of the title inFinite and "Long Goodbye".

Singer Ian Gillan has in fact declared: “If you take it literally you may, quite reasonably, think the ‘Finite’ part of the word describes the life of Deep Purple, with a clear beginning and a nebulous end; but what of the ‘in’ bit? The word infinite is a three-dimensional double edged sword. It describes something that goes on forever in all directions; not unlike its temporal equivalent ‘Eternal’ What’s that all about?

Comments

• TravisWTravisW Posts: 647
    I'll admit that my enthusiasm for Deep Purple started flagging a bit after Jon Lord left, but I'll undoubtedly pick this up. I'm not going to compare this to classic Purple, but I like it. 
  • DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,409
    The current lineup is really a great band...its NOT the old band. Last album was excellent. This might be the last album....not sure if their calling it quits yet....their not talking.....their 2017 tour is called "The Long Goodbye Tour".
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 7,850
    Wow.....I was surprised about how much I enjoyed that track. I am one of those guys that is skeptical of this lineup and the song or two I heard from the last album did not win me over......I liked this song a lot. Cool lyrics to....
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 7,699
    Yep, I'm pleasantly surprised too.   
  • Good track from a good band.

I prefer what Don Airey plays than Steve Morse, so Don's solo in that track is a good thing to me.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 7,699
    They have released another video last week. It's halfway between classic rock and lounge music, but it's cool to see these old geezers still putting out decent stuff.   

• Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,287
    I like it.
    I've found their Morse era releases patchy. Really like Perpendicular, hated Abandon, Bananas....meh..., Rapture was OK, haven't heard the last one.

This track got me sitting up and taking notice. 
  • LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,206
    I loved Purpendicular and still listen to it from time to time. I'm interested to hear this when it's released.
  • DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,409
    I like the current incarnation of DP....my nitpick is as good as morse is as a guitarist, he isn't rock enough for DP, but I like what they do...and I thought the previous album was really good. 
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 2,489
    They are even more of a lounge act live.  I love these guys and Morse but Gillans voice is shot so they avoid the best material, Morse does not fit and his own health issues have diminished his playing and as much as we all like Don, he does not fit at all.  His live playing is a far cry from Jon's playing.  Very pedestrian with no oomph at all.  Unlike Jon he barely plays with any distortion so all of the songs song flat.
    now with that being said I once again got tickets to see them this summer with Alice Cooper and Edgar Winter Band.  Can't beat it for $10.29 US.
    So Jay, what health issues is Morse having? That's the first I've heard anything about it. 
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,379
    Paicy still sounds very good though, imo.
    He still swings in a hard rock setting.

LerxstFan said:
    So Jay, what health issues is Morse having? That's the first I've heard anything about it. 

He he has been having issues with his right hand for some time now and has been wearing a brace that I believe restricts some of his playing.

Agrippa said:
    Paicy still sounds very good though, imo.
    He still swings in a hard rock setting.

IMO he is the highlight of the live show as you noted he still can play and swing.

Jay G said:
    LerxstFan said:

He he has been having issues with his right hand for some time now and has been wearing a brace that I believe restricts some of his playing.

Wow, that is not good news at all. At NAMM a couple of years ago he was playing fine, but he was wearing something on his hand. I just passed it off as some sort of weird fashion thing.