Farmikos

CaparisonCaparison Posts: 247
edited December 2015 in Current News
I cannot believe here is no topic for that band.
Do you guys know Joe Holmes who played with Ozzy in late 90's?
This guy met some great and famous dudes for the first record which was released in the beginning of 2015.
Now Joe is writing some material for the 2nd record with the same singer.
I cannot describe that style of music because everything I would say would be wrong except it is dark.
The singer is influenced by the 90's Seattle Music scene.

(Single)

http://www.farmikos.com (official)

http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/2015/01/30/in-depth-interview-with-joe-holmes-about-farmikos-his-time-as-a-student-of-randy-rhoads-his-stints-in-lizzy-borden-david-lee-roth-and-ozzy-as-well-as-the-impact-his-dad-had-on-his-life-as-a-musicia/   (Great Interview)
Post edited by Tatosh Guitar on

Comments

• It's nominated for album of the year
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • it IS an album of the year!
  • DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,751
    Your a little late to the party Caparison...I've briefly mentioned these guys a few times. I agree its album of the year for me. We're in the minority. Everyone has their favorites.  :biggrin2:
  • [quote author=Donthegreek link=topic=17880.msg268599#msg268599 date=1450231777]
    Your a little late to the party Caparison...I've briefly mentioned these guys a few times. I agree its album of the year for me. We're in the minority. Everyone has their favorites.  :biggrin2:
    [/quote]
    Why too late?
    I used the search function and have found nothing when I typed Farmikos on this site :( So i decided to make a post. I am always in the minority I am accustomed by that and have no problem. This band is Bigger than every new stuff Dinos release nowadays.
    Why is Joe Holmes not in the Dino register here? He played with Ozzy, and every guitarist of the Boss is here on the list.
  • DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,751
    Caparison...when I type Farmikos in the search bar, it brought up 8 different areas where Farmikos was briefly talked about (3 from me), I then searched again and those 8 sections did NOT come up...tried several more times they still didn't come up....so I guess the search thing doesn't seem to do much.  :neutral:

The dino registery...if you mean the dino profiles.....Dave doesn't do them anymore.

Doesn't matter...we like em that's all that matters. There's so few people voting, i'm not going to bother.
    All those in the running should be considered the best of the year period.   :wink:
  • I think the forum search has been faulty for 5+ years.
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • RED_SGRED_SG Posts: 2,058
    Pretty awesome tune. I like it. I'm gonna buy the album for sure. It's almost like stoner rock with chops. I dig that!
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,318
    It's a killer album. There is a big Alice In Chains influence on the record. Joe Holmes' playing really shreds on it.
  • RED_SGRED_SG Posts: 2,058
    I've never really paid attention to Joe Holmes. To me he was Zakk's sub during the Osmoisis tour. End of the story. I couldn't really tell what his musical color was.

But this is something cool.  :metal:

I really dig Alice and Chains, and some stoner rock bands as well, but I sometimes wish there was a little bit more ''chops" involved in the music... without getting totally overboard. I mean, guitarists like Jerry Cantrell and Bob Balch (Fu Manchu) are awesome, but you know... A little shredding doesn't hurt, and some intrigate double kick drum patterns are cool! This band might just be the ticket!
  • I dig the band's style, but I don't think the songs are that strong.
    [quote author=CyberDino link=topic=17880.msg268644#msg268644 date=1450396960]
    I dig the band's style, but I don't think the songs are that strong.
    [/quote]

Proof that you can't please everybody.....to me the songs are super memorable and super strong....
  • I hadn't heard anything from these guys, but it is certainly quite heavy and ver very cool. Can't believe Holmes is around...

BTW the man looks exactly the same than when I saw him with Ozzy 20 years ago. Still rocking the 70's Strats with the humbucker in the bridge too... I remember being impressed that he played the Randy songs exactly like on the tribute album...
  • I've chatted with Rich Mouser through Facebook.
    He told me that the 2nd album is already written. Joe Holmes is searching for the new singer in that moment.
    That's all I know.
    Caparison said:
    I've chatted with Rich Mouser through Facebook.
    He told me that the 2nd album is already written. Joe Holmes is searching for the new singer in that moment.
    That's all I know.
    It's a shame that he is looking for a new singer because the guy on the first album was really good.....but that is great news that the second album is being worked on. It's funny you bring this topic up because I was just turning my friend on to this band yesterday.
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,581
    edited December 2019
    Thought about this band the other day, remebering liking the album and listening to it on and off when it first came out and then got on with my life and sort of just lost interest.
    Listening back now it is even better than I remember it. Need to dig this out on Spotify or something. Thanks! :) 

Joe is a bad ass. I recall some behind the scenes video where he played his ass of and just KILLED it. Would love to find that again.
    Post edited by mr_crowley on