It is so wet here...

otcconanotcconan Posts: 5,677
edited December 1969 in Off topic/NON-DINO Music Area

Yep, it appears SRV could acually walk on water.  Stay dry, my friends in Austin.

Comments

• otcconanotcconan Posts: 5,677
    Keeping the A/C on full blast and all windows closed.  Don't need any humidity damage to my guitars.  Already the doors in the house have swelled to the point they won't close without some effort.
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,650
    That's pretty cool. You were looking at getting a place fronting a lake and now the lake has come to you.  :shifty:
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,596
    I was surprised by Texas's landscape between Dallas and Austin. All green forest in both sides of the highway.
  • otcconanotcconan Posts: 5,677
    There's something of a climatic conundrum here.  People seem to think of Texas as all sagebrush and neo-desert.  That's further from the truth than you can imagine.  First off, let me put in to perspective just how big Texas is.  If you start in Houston, get in your car, and drive to El Paso, you are already halfway to Los Angeles.  It is 23 hours from San Antonio (non stop, which I did) to Myrtle Beach, in South Carolina.  It is almost 12 to drive to El Paso (but I did it in 8 piggybacking on people with radar detectors in my sporty Chevy Beretta, averaging about 120).  So Texas is big.  Consequently, we are not like Arizona or Nevada (Desert) or New Mexico (desert and mountains) or Colorado (mountains).  Texas, from east to west, is...swamps like Louisiana, complete with alligators and crawdads, forest, like Canada and upper New York, hills like Kentucky, desert like Northern Mexico, tornado-infested flatlands like Oklahoma, deserts like New Mexico.  You cannot define Texas, in terms of climate.  Drive 100 miles and it's totally changed.  Texas is bigger than France, with room for Switzerland and the Low Countries to spare.

Am I proud of that?  Considering I call 90 acres of that my home...hell yes.