Lynyrd Skynyrd - Last of a Dying Breed

13»

Comments

• Not to derail the thread further  :offtopic:, but there is also "The One Rule" Rule.

Last Summer I skipped a Drunken Uncles gig that was out in the mountains somewhere. It was a giant, GIANT outdoor festival of sorts involving lots of people who love Lynyrd Skynrd (again... had to look before I spelled.) The people responsible for hiring the band(s) for said festival had noticed The DUs at a regular gig and approached them for booking. There was lots of boisterous chatter and description rendered and lofty promises of a good time. The deal was sweetened with all kinds of accouterments on top of the large sum of money the band was to be paid. It was all going very well and everyone knows how friendly bikers can be. There was much rejoicing and toasting with beer bottles to seal the deal and then the Grand Poobah of Team Biker capped off the summit by proudly announcing, "There's only ONE rule...."  Silence ensued and a pregnant pause was palpable before he concluded with, "No Ni%%r$!"

Well there was much debate the over the next few days regarding what to do about it all....
    For me there was no debate. I pontificated passionately regarding ALL of my opinions on the matter.

So if there is "The One Rule," the rule is... I don't even fucking want to KNOW about that gig.
    I chose to skip this gig where the usual "just below the surface" issues for which I might normally have an abstract suspicion all came flying out at warp speed and smashed me in the face.

I am a very tolerant person. But I have ZERO tolerance for intolerance and stupidity of that brand.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,781
    I'm not sure I understood all the allusions, Jen, but as I was reading your first post I had mental pictures of Jeb's band playing in Jabba's palace on Tattooine  :LOL:  Or maybe something like the Sons of Anarchy's clubhouse would be more accurate?
  • jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,030
    Those " BIKER " gigs are the shit .

They treat the band like rockstars .

Unlimited Food , Alcohol etc . We left with jars of the yummiest homemade moonshine I've ever had .

Plus they pay great . I think we walked with close to 500.00 a man after all was said and done .  :up:

Lotsa charity stuff goin' on with some of the Bike Clubs . They are constantly raising money for something . The season is getting ready to begin . I'm playin' The Ride for Life in a few weeks .....3 bands a huge stage and hundreds of bikers . Its a superb opportunity to totally crank your amplifier . I really love playing at obscene skull crushing volume thru a stack of speakers . The guitar tone is always huge at these events. Whats not to like ????
  • shaggyshaggy Posts: 859
    Jen I suggest to look somewhere else as you spelled it wrong twice.
  • jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,030
    [quote author=shaggy link=topic=17217.msg260689#msg260689 date=1427569624]
    [/quote]

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • [quote author=shaggy link=topic=17217.msg260689#msg260689 date=1427569624]
    [/quote]

Quite literally laughing outloud!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    That's awesome.

I can't spell anything. And I can't get anywhere without a GPS. Before they happened I spent hours and hours being lost...