An Easy Opportunity to Pile On- You're Welcome

2»

Comments

• AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,926
    [quote author=guitarrednfeathered link=topic=16908.msg255532#msg255532 date=1415548167]

Henrik, whatever your badnews is, I'm hoping everything will be alright.  :grouphug:
    [/quote]

Thanks for caring. You're too kind.
    Things are OK, as good as one can expect, regarding me and my health.

My ex mother in law jumped from the 15th floor yesterday.
    I knew she had battled depression, and have had some psychotic episodes from time to time for a while, and my ex and her sister had been caring for her, but...
    Well....
    She was only 58.

I was kind of her favorite, and I really really liked her, but after her daughter and I broke up we naturally drifted apart.
    She took care of my cats when I was hospitalized last autuum, so I had some contact with her and my ex from time to time.

Depression is an awful illness.

btw I hope no one feel this is too private, it's not to be sensational or the center of attention., I just happen to have very few, or low, boundaries when it comes to my personal life.
    I'm 51, I know for a fact that shit and stuff WILL happen in everyones lives and feel it's ok and human to share, and that's why i don't mind talking about this.
    But I also know some people feel different and very private about these things (suicide and deaths), that's also human and to you, you have my apologies.
  • iGougeriGouger Posts: 283
    [quote author=guitarrednfeathered link=topic=16908.msg255532#msg255532 date=1415548167]

...oh........ Sorry, I had no idea. I honestly don't have a clue who Katie Perry is. I don't recognize the picture up above, and couldn't tell you what she does other than the fact that I know she's a current singer of some sort. I wasn't sure if it was pop or country.  And I think I remember that at some point she got all friendly with Steven Tyler and they did a song together, but I couldn't tell you any more about it.

[/quote]

Keep it that way. Hearing any of her "music" just puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day and makes me want to punch kittens. And I love kittens.

[quote author=Agrippa link=topic=16908.msg255542#msg255542 date=1415557601]
    My ex mother in law jumped from the 15th floor yesterday.
    I knew she had battled depression, and have had some psychotic episodes from time to time for a while, and my ex and her sister had been caring for her, but...
    Well....
    She was only 58.

I was kind of her favorite, and I really really liked her, but after her daughter and I broke up we naturally drifted apart.
    She took care of my cats when I was hospitalized last autuum, so I had some contact with her and my ex from time to time.

Depression is an awful illness.

btw I hope no one feel this is too private, it's not to be sensational or the center of attention., I just happen to have very few, or low, boundaries when it comes to my personal life.
    I'm 51, I know for a fact that shit and stuff WILL happen in everyones lives and feel it's ok and human to share, and that's why i don't mind talking about this.
    But I also know some people feel different and very private about these things (suicide and deaths), that's also human and to you, you have my apologies.
    [/quote]
    Well damn. :sad2:
    Sorry for your loss; my condolences. Yes, depression is a mental illness, despite what a lot of those crazy bible thumpers may say.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,771
    [quote author=guitarrednfeathered link=topic=16908.msg255540#msg255540 date=1415555707]
    Yes, she's very pretty!
    I like the Betty Page thing.
    [/quote]
    Yes. Something in her look reminds me of '50s-'60s movie stars too (Liz Taylor maybe). 
  • Oh Henrik! I'm so sorry, my friend.
    Bizarre and terrible news to digest.  (And I don't find it offensive in anyway that you purged it out here.)

I wish you and everyone else involved the peace of mind to process and the time and energy to grieve and try to make sense of it all. Yes, depression is horrible thing indeed.
  • iGouger, I'll take your word on it, Dude.  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    I have no immediate plans to explore the musical catalog of Katie Perry.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,771
    Henrik, I just read your post above. I can only imagine how upsetting it must be. My sympathies, man.
  • maybeyesmaybeyes Posts: 4,522
    Henrik man.  Sorry to hear your bad news.  Do know about depression and it can be a terrible thing to deal with.  No worries about letting it out here. 

Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.

• mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,614
    My condoleances Henrik, that sucks :sad2:

As for Yoko, I don't know if she is really crazy but that kind of "art" I don't get :036:
    There are obviously a lot of people that do though, more power to them.
    Here is she doing the same thing with Lady Gaga live.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AimU35Qoceg
    I mean that could have been great. Gaga does some cool piano-ing and singing her ass off, the band really grooves - the guitar player throws around some cool bluesy licks for sure.
    Yoko just occassionally and randomly (to me it seems that way, I guess I just don't understand) screams over the whole thing.
    Strange...

I think Katy Perrt is quite good.
    Her songs are usually written by the Max Martins of the world so there is quality music for sure. I way prefer her earlier outings though, at least the first album has some songs written by Desmond Child so with my 80s metal fetisch maybe it isn't surprising I find it good :tongue:
    This one is probably my favourite, I think there is a slim chance you might like it Jen:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTHNpusq654
  • yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,557
    As for the wives of Paul McCartney and my beloved John Lennon, they might be poor musicians. And you may consider their looks to be unconventionally attractive at best, but I'm not sure how you arrived at assessing their intelligence.
    [/quote]
    I just wrote "they don't look too smart": I never heard something remarkable coming out of them but I'm not familiar at all with the Beatles and their wives.
    About the look: yes look isn't everything but there must have been plenty of pretty, smart and interesting girls who would have dated a Beatles...
  • [quote author=yngwie666 link=topic=16908.msg255576#msg255576 date=1415620464]
    As for the wives of Paul McCartney and my beloved John Lennon, they might be poor musicians. And you may consider their looks to be unconventionally attractive at best, but I'm not sure how you arrived at assessing their intelligence.
    [/quote]
    I just wrote "they don't look too smart": I never heard something remarkable coming out of them but I'm not familiar at all with the Beatles and their wives.
    About the look: yes look isn't everything but there must have been plenty of pretty, smart and interesting girls who would have dated a Beatles...
    [/quote]

Totally. I'm betting they rubbed elbows (and then some) with more pretty girls than I can count.  :smile:
  • [quote author=mr_crowley link=topic=16908.msg255575#msg255575 date=1415617991]
    As for Yoko, I don't know if she is really crazy but that kind of "art" I don't get :036:
    There are obviously a lot of people that do though, more power to them.

Yoko just occassionally and randomly (to me it seems that way, I guess I just don't understand) screams over the whole thing.
    Strange...

[/quote]

Yeah, even if you honestly like this sort of thing I think you have to agree that it is indeed "strange." And I admire you're open mind Pontus, but I have to agree that it sounds like a lot of random screaming. And it's absolutely strange.  :chuckle:

Thank you for the link. But... alas....  I did not like the Katy Perry song. I did however think it was a cute video. I like that she went 80's on it and seems to have a sense of humor instead of maintaining a constant Bad Girl Of The Millennium thing like everyone else seems to be doing who is a current star. That was endearing.  :up: