any yogis/yoginis here?

bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,549
any of you dinos practice yoga?  i am an avid Bikram/ hot yoga practitioner.  3-4 hour and a half sessions a week.  it has definitely changed my life profoundly!

Comments

• EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    Hot yoga? As in involving curvy women in those yoga pants? Mmmmmmmmmm yoga pants.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,557
    [quote author=EugenicScum link=topic=16848.msg254639#msg254639 date=1413876771]
    Hot yoga? As in involving curvy women in those yoga pants? Mmmmmmmmmm yoga pants.
    [/quote]
    I had to Google it but I agree:

Now I'd like to know how yoga has changed your life ?
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,771
    I had to google Yoga pants too. Must be an internet thing :036:
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,643
    In the wrong hands or on the wrong cheaks ...... I dunno.  :hmm:

Note the way this thread about practicing Yoga, " it has definitely changed my life profoundly!", has smoothly transitioned from healthy lifestyle to a visit to the Dino Eye Candy Shop.

• I do 45-60 minutes once or twice a week.  I don't like heat so I don't to hot yoga, but I see how it could loosen things up.  It's made a big difference for my shoulders and back.

• yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,557
    "Hot yoga" ? For some reason the word "MILF" comes to mind...
    So what do you do exactly ?
  • As succinctly as i can describe:  Bikram Yoga is a series of 26 postures and two breathing exercises, practiced in a room heated to 105-108 degrees.  i have been pretty fit my whole life.  i served 6 years in the Marines, and i was an all-asia greco roman wrestler when i was in Japan.  i have trained other forms of grappling since i was 12, also.  15 years Judo, 5 years BJJ, etc.  when i came to this class, i thought i was a stud.  well, it didn't exactly go that way, and my first Bikram class was one of the GREAT "AHA!" moments of my life.  25 minutes into class, and i was suffering in the proverbial roman wilderness of pain, and though there were many attractive women in the room, believe me, my dick was the LAST thing on my mind.  i wanted to fuckin' DIE.  this feeling of being totally and utterly physically ruined is a very addictive rush for me, and it's probably why i enjoyed the physicality of the Marines, and relished competitive grappling so much.  what was PARTICULARLY humbling about this first Bikram class was that there were a couple of 50+ year old ladies in the room, performing without apparent effort.  being 42 years old at the time, the fitness of these middle age people was very impressive to me.  so, i went back again and again, and in many ways, Bikram Yoga is now the center of my life.  it has many benefits that aren't immediately apparent in terms of improved mental focus and clarity, too.
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,590
    [quote author=bourbonsamurai link=topic=16848.msg254625#msg254625 date=1413860848]
    any of you dinos practice yoga?  i am an avid Bikram/ hot yoga practitioner.  3-4 hour and a half sessions a week.  it has definitely changed my life profoundly!
    [/quote]
    I'm speed skater. It's kinda yogi thing, because you need so much concentration in your body position and moves that your mind is empty during the whole session. And sometimes, you're scared with the speed in downhills, what gives you a big joy of life.

I recommend this sport.
  • that's awesome.  for me, empty mind is key to life!  everything i do, all day every day, i'm trying to be empty.
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,614
    I've done yoga from time to time. For a while I did an hour once a week. It is really good stuff for your body - I work in the car industry and that tears your body, I can feel it when I've done some yoga.

And yeah, yoga pants! On the right people those are yum :yum: