If you could only listen to one player's music for the rest of your life...

2»

Comments

• VandenbergVandenberg Posts: 3,894
    If Playing by the strict rules of going for just the one player, for me it would have to George Harrison. If I had to add a second, Scott Gorham. 
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    The Iommi discography for me. Easy choice.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,770
    Tough call for me...I'd have to draw out of a "hat"

Zeppelin/Blackmore/Marino/BOC/Pink Floyd
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,886
    [quote author=EugenicScum link=topic=16788.msg253992#msg253992 date=1412393762]
    The Iommi discography for me. Easy choice.
    [/quote]

That's a great choice. +1
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,643
    If I could get me one of those hats Donthegreek's using I'd say Eric Johnson, Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani and Brad Paisley.

If I have to stick by the rules then it's Eric Johnson 100%.

The only band that tops Eric Johnson in the "only music for the rest of my life" category is The Beatles but in their case it's not about the contribution of the guitar work and I believe that's what this thread is about.

• RED_SGRED_SG Posts: 2,058
    Hendrix!

Van Halen is a close second though.
  • Gunner4LifeGunner4Life Posts: 6,320
    If it has to be guitar, probably EVH or Jake E Lee...

Otherwise I'd say George Harrison, because 90% of it would Beatles and I could listen to them forever.
  • iGougeriGouger Posts: 283
    [quote author=inmyhands link=topic=16788.msg254297#msg254297 date=1412950502]
    If I could get me one of those hats Donthegreek's using I'd say Eric Johnson, Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani and Brad Paisley.

If I have to stick by the rules then it's Eric Johnson 100%.

The only band that tops Eric Johnson in the "only music for the rest of my life" category is The Beatles but in their case it's not about the contribution of the guitar work and I believe that's what this thread is about.
    [/quote]

I'd say Beatles are a valid and good choice.

Now Brad Paisley, that was a little unexpected for me! I'm slightly familiar with some of his work, but I'll have to check him out more if you hold him in such high regard.

Was listening to Eric Johnson yesterday, and that's also a superb choice. He's not the most prolific musician, granted, but you always know that when he does release an album, it's going to be sublime...
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 2,675
    For me it would have to be Ritchie Blackmore as he has the most bang for the buck.

With Ritchie I get:

Deep Purple
    Rainbow
    Blackmores Night

I also get legendary musicians:

Cozy Powell
    David Coverdale
    Glenn Hughes
    Jon Lord
    Ronnie Dio
    Ian Gillan
    Joe Lynn Turner
    Graham Bonnet
  • shaggyshaggy Posts: 859
    I'd have ro go for someone whose still fairly active and hope that he remains active for a number of years, so for that reason I'd pick Slash. Others that I'd considered were Steve Lukather purely because he's played on thousands of things and Richie Kotzen.
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,590
    Pat Metheny.