Body Count

SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,670
edited December 1969 in Off topic/NON-DINO Music Area
Well, this should be divisive!  :LOL:

I know that I shouldn't, but I like Body Count. And there's a new album!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sokdL-0iV9s

Be warned -This is offensive, violent and sweary
So if you don't like this sort of thing, please don't watch it just to be offended...

Comments

• HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,887
    Dude, this is totally fun.
  • VandenbergVandenberg Posts: 3,895
    I don't have a problem with body count, always gave them a go, still will, BUT the word Nigger is supposed to be offensive, so Ice and the rest of his crew and fellow artists of the related genres really should stop using it, as a "word" has no colour, creed, persuasion or religion and therefore irrespective of who uses it, an offensive word is still offensive, its a shame that there are still so many that have no realisation of this and wonder why........ NO,  I stop here.

I saw body count back in the day, KKK bitch, loser wins, evil dick, a great version of Hey Joe, body count in the house! Good gig, Ernie C did a great job.   
  • Black RoseBlack Rose Posts: 208
    I got the first album and I like it :)

I like some Hip Hop here and there but its pretty exclusive for me, I like a handful of artists and they are mostly from the 80's into 90's. Never gave a shit for 50 Cent or Kayne Waste

• iGougeriGouger Posts: 283
    Oh boy, haven't listened to BC in a while, but I do remember liking that self-titled album. I think I actually got into them by way if Sabbath's Forbidden; the Body Count guitarist produced that album or something, I think.

Sure it's rap-metal, but rap and hip hop had a LOT more cred and artistic integrity back in the 80s-90s--actually, the same could be said of metal and even pop...I'll never be able to appreciate metalcore...
  • Gunner4LifeGunner4Life Posts: 6,320
    How can you not like lyrics such as "Evil Dick likes warm wet places/Evil Dick he don't care 'bout faces", it's so poetic lol

I liked the first album, never listened to anything else from them
  • T-MANT-MAN Posts: 271
    Body Count is not my thing. Juan's speed-metal band Agent Steel,however,is great.
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,678
    Juan's thrash band Evildead wasn't half bad either :metal:

I never heard much of Body Count, but I liked what I heard. Ice T is one of the rappers who doesn't aggravate me in general, even if I don't actively listen to him.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,772
    Ugh. I tried but I'm still unable to stomach rap. Even with tiny bits of metal thrown in.
  • CaparisonCaparison Posts: 247
    I liked their first 2 records. This new one is cool too. It's more thrashy I think. BC's in da house!
  • jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,030
    Only Ice T and his bros can get away with this .  :chuckle: :chuckle:

Its a cool idea...the rap/metal hybrid.... but they need more metal to keep my attention . Ice T should recruit Buckethead . IMHO he is the only guitar player that does a decent job of approaching this genre .

I love the video . Its the only way you could get me to listen to the entire song .

Notice how they only shoot white people . :hmm:

If they had rednecks wearing Confederate Flag T-shirts shooting black people ..... :laugh:

The same goes for the use of the "N" word . I'm not allowed to say it...nor do I . IMHO its a sign of ignorance .

Among my daughter's peer group it is viewed as pulling down your pants and taking a shit in the middle of the room . Nobody does it and if they do they're uncivilized .

Ice T's mother must be proud . :evillaugh:
    I actually bought the CD. It may well be in the running for album of the year for me. Killer stuff.
  • jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,030
    [quote author=Sancho link=topic=16605.msg254108#msg254108 date=1412688973]
    I actually bought the CD. It may well be in the running for album of the year for me. Killer stuff.
    [/quote]

Wow . I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on this .
    I just really dig it :036:
    It's cool, groovy metal. The riffs are made of molten lead, there's a lot of tongue in cheek humour in the lyrics...
    They do a remake of Suicidal's Institutionalized with updated lyrics. I think it's hilarious.
    You probably know I like my metal pure as a rule but this just kicks ass.
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,926
    That was fun, but if it has to be funk/rap metal I personally prefer Infectious Grooves and Heads Up!
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,593
    Dind't liked the self titlle back in the day, mostly because the sound, but that song rocks!!! Video is funny and lyrics, the little part I can understand, too.