Riffs 'N Solos that Rip You a New Ass

13»

Comments

• eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,590
    edited March 17
    I like playing full albums. You enter onto a time door and exit one hour or more after being a happy dude.

My favs:
    UFO strangers in the nigth
    MSG one night at budokan
    GARY we want moore
    ACDC back in black
    Raimbow Rising
    DEEP PURPLE perfect strangers
    Whitesnake slide it in
    VAN HALEN I, II, 1984

Sometimes, I have 40 minutes with nothing to do before dinner or so and I sald to myself Lets do a BIB. SO i play the whole album, and totally go off my mind, because they are easy to play yet powefull songs, and Im like on some kind of self hiptotic state during that time. 

Better than any psicologist session.

Edit:
    Of course, you have to chose the right guitar to match the album. 
    Or sometimes, youre in the mood of a guitar and that leads you to an album. 
    Post edited by eduardoritos on
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,886
    edited March 17
    I like playing full albums. You enter onto a time door and exit one hour or more after being a happy dude.

My favs:
    MSG one night at budokan
    GARY we want moore
    ACDC back in black
    Raimbow Rising
    Whitesnake slide it in
    VAN HALEN I, II, 1984

i'd have to say that's a fantastic playlist. I would only add Sabbath, Lizzy, and Priest.
    Post edited by Haffner on
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,590
    Haffner said:

My favs:
    MSG one night at budokan
    GARY we want moore
    ACDC back in black
    Raimbow Rising
    Whitesnake slide it in
    VAN HALEN I, II, 1984

i'd have to say that's a fantastic playlist. I would only add Sabbath, Lizzy, and Priest.
    Not my bands, sorry. 

Maybe British Steell. 
  • bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,549
    Mind Riot--  Soundgarden
    Night Train--  GnR
    Lifer--  Down
    Always on the Run--  Kravitz
    Gypsy Road--  Cinderella
    Too Late For Love--  Def Leppard
    Come Along--  Salty Dog
    Christian Woman--  Type O
    Just Kissed My Baby--  The Meters
    Just Because--  Jane's Addiction
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,452
    Mind Riot--  Soundgarden
    Night Train--  GnR
    Lifer--  Down
    Always on the Run--  Kravitz
    Gypsy Road--  Cinderella
    Too Late For Love--  Def Leppard
    Come Along--  Salty Dog
    Christian Woman--  Type O
    Just Kissed My Baby--  The Meters
    Just Because--  Jane's Addiction
    .....dude, so with you on Salty Dog. That whole record is great....and Pete Reeven is one bad mo fo on guitar. As you would say Cary....he really brought the sauce. That was an underrated band and Reeven never gets talked about.
  • JoebuddhaJoebuddha Posts: 2,114
    Good Times Bad Times, Communication Breakdown. 
    Pulsar, Last Rock N Roll Star - Paul Gilbert

• moody ghostnotemoody ghostnote Posts: 605
    Blue Murder - Valley Of The Kings  -- That solo! Some sexy feel and then really burning...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfsZ4EzSn80

• Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,452
    lately the two songs that I have been playing and trying to learn are Judas Priest's "Bloodstone" and Mercyful Fate's "A Dangerous Meeting". The Priest song mainly because of the killer intro but I learned the whole song. Always loved that one. Not sure if I will try and tackle KK's solo, but I was trying to learn Glenn's lead melody that precedes it. The Mercyful Fate song I played along to a couple times but have not really learned it yet. That one is next. One of my favorite MF songs.
  • Bent out of shapeBent out of shape Posts: 654
    edited June 2

My favs:
    MSG one night at budokan
    GARY we want moore
    ACDC back in black
    Raimbow Rising
    Whitesnake slide it in
    VAN HALEN I, II, 1984

Sometimes, I have 40 minutes with nothing to do before dinner or so and I sald to myself Lets do a BIB. SO i play the whole album, and totally go off my mind, because they are easy to play yet powefull songs, and Im like on some kind of self hiptotic state during that time. 

Better than any psicologist session.

Edit:
    Of course, you have to chose the right guitar to match the album. 
    Or sometimes, youre in the mood of a guitar and that leads you to an album. 
    Fantastic playlist! 

I like to choose a guitarist and era...eg Sykes era WS and listen to a bit/ watch a dvd (probably Superrock 84!) before jamming on some similar backing tracks w a couple of cold ones :)  !
    Post edited by Bent out of shape on
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,886
    Duojett71 said:
    lately the two songs that I have been playing and trying to learn are Judas Priest's "Bloodstone" and Mercyful Fate's "A Dangerous Meeting". The Priest song mainly because of the killer intro but I learned the whole song. Always loved that one. Not sure if I will try and tackle KK's solo, but I was trying to learn Glenn's lead melody that precedes it. The Mercyful Fate song I played along to a couple times but have not really learned it yet. That one is next. One of my favorite MF songs.
    I so love DM, but there are tons of riffs that inspire me off of the first two MF full lengths. I was so proud this year of turning my girl Cheryl onto Mercyful Fate and King Diamond, she is obsessed with them now and listens to them when working out lol!
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,894
    Haffner said:
    I so love DM, but there are tons of riffs that inspire me off of the first two MF full lengths. I was so proud this year of turning my girl Cheryl onto Mercyful Fate and King Diamond, she is obsessed with them now and listens to them when working out lol!
    I think getting into Mercyful Fate shouldn't be much of a stretch if you already like Priest, which I already know she loves, as much as I probably do, as hard to believe as that might be (cause I really, REALLY love Priest, borderline worship them from Sad Wings until Defenders and still like everything else they have done, for the most part). All those riffs and soloing Denner and Sherman did in those old albums sounds hugely influenced by Tipton and Downing.... MF always seemd to me as a natural progression of what JP was doing.