Paolo Nutini - New Shoes

eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,596
Heard this one in a TV commercial.
Funny mix of soul, blues and pop, by a scotish-italian.

Comments

• Good choice eduardoritos

Very suprised to find it on this site. I like a lot of the songs this guy has released he has very soulfull voice and tends to mix a variety of music genres in his releases.

Being an occasional pub singer these days who majors in doing cover songs I often sing this one and I always enjoy it especially as it gives me the opportunity to bend my notes I like that.

Another interesting fact is just how much the Italian influence has on modern Scottish culture in the arts, music, acting etc. and in our love of food - Fish Suppers and Ice Cream.  

See this BBC link below
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-19624507
  • Think Italian, say Vai,Sinatra, Stallone, Satriani...

Off Topic:

Did you know the relationship between the novel The Phiscian, you and me?
    :weed:

Those are the traditional fountains in my little city Pamplona; this desing is from a factory in your city, the same where the physician Cole go live at the end of the novel.

The history (in spanish) here: http://thegreenlionproject.blogspot.com.es
  • Wow what a suprise +1 eduardoritos

I really did not know that mate and I loved the pictures, unfortunately I have not read that book.

I found it really interesting to find a link between your city and Glenfield and Kennedy known simply as The Glen in Kilmarnock. It once was a huge factory employing about 3000 people but now it only has maybe 100 to 200. Kilmarnock is in fact a small town of only about 46,000 people and yet we have 2 members from there registered on this site, Shaggy and me how weird is that?

Local people call the town Killie, especially when refering to the football (soccer) club.

It’s other claim to fame up until 2012, was that it was the home for Johnnie Walker’s whisky since the man himself blended his first bottle of whisky in his wee shop in 1820. The suits figured they could shut it down and build a new more modern plant elsewhere, very sad for the town and it’s folk.  

What is Pamplona like, what region of Spain is it in and tell me what is the food like, I like Spanish food?
  • Did you heard about Hemingway's Sun also Raises (Fiesta)?
    Well, that's a novel about my city, near the Pyrinees, 50 km away from France, in the Road to Sain Jacques.

It's where they do the famous Bull Runnings, with the bulls running with people in the street (that's the thing that Hemingway did writes about in his famous novel, la FIESTA).
  • Sorry to say that to my shame I'm not much of a reader but I have definitely heard of the running of the bulls it has been featured in a few UK TV programs it looks like a crazy ride have you ever took part in it? Looks really scary not for me but it must be some rush.

I have actually been trying to talk my wife into going on a driving tour of the Basque country for a while now, I had my mind set among others on visiting Sans Sebastian because I have heard of its reputation for restaurants and to take in the history of the region. Alas she is not too keen on the idea -so far. I will not give up though.

I will add Pamplona to my places to visit if I ever persuade her. Thanks for sharing mate  :up:
  • [quote author=ShoogliePeg link=topic=16100.msg244588#msg244588 date=1391717216]
    Sorry to say that to my shame I'm not much of a reader but I have definitely heard of the running of the bulls it has been featured in a few UK TV programs it looks like a crazy ride have you ever took part in it? Looks really scary not for me but it must be some rush.

I have actually been trying to talk my wife into going on a driving tour of the Basque country for a while now, I had my mind set among others on visiting Sans Sebastian because I have heard of its reputation for restaurants and to take in the history of the region. Alas she is not too keen on the idea -so far. I will not give up though.

I will add Pamplona to my places to visit if I ever persuade her. Thanks for sharing mate  :up:
    [/quote]
    I've run once, when a child, in the mini run (not bulls but heifer); no attempt after that time  :nuts:

My mother was from San Sebastian (100 km away my city), I'm a 50% basque guy. I can speek basque too. I recomend you comming here and visit our nice region.
    Being scotish, green landscapes and mountain/sea contrast it's no new to you, but the mix of languages (basque/spanis/french, because basque country is at two sides of the spanish/french border) is very nice.

Bayonne, Biarritz, Ezpelete, Saint Jean de Pied de Port (in the french side), Bilbao, Vitoria, San Sebastian, Roncesvalles...in my side.

Our music is one of sadest in the whole world.
    Heard this one, in our classic 5/8

Also, the celtic heritage is great here.
    There's a region in Spain named Galicia (you can notice the similarities with gaelicus). The whole nord of Spain was full of celtians prior to romans.
    You can here celtic bagpipes in Spain.
    A piece of Scotland in Spain

Well, there are many of little nice places in all countries. Mine is only one more, but I love it.