Paul McCartney - New (album)

Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,746
Anyone listen to this PM's new album (New) ?  Fucking Paul McCartney -- in his early 70s, has STILL GOT IT, and is still better than everyone else.

If you're a Beatles/Wings/PM fan, check it out. It will put a smile on your gob.  :biggrin2:  It's a little weird sonically (in a good way), but the songs are there.
In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Comments

• cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,203
    Thanks for the rec. I was wondering about this one.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • If you have Spotify or Pandora, or whatever, check it out!
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • VandenbergVandenberg Posts: 3,894
    Old Macca still has a good tune in him, certainly has still got that in spades, but live his voice is shot to shit very quickly these days, but hey he is in his 70's.
  • It's not Band on the Run, but it's a pretty good album.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,452
    I have heard it is good and we actually have a few copies are work for sale. Been meaning to pick it up…..I need to check it out.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,452
    Sitting hear at RDU waiting to board my flight listening to the album on Spotify. It's really good……but then again I could probably listen to Paul sing anything. The songs are really good though…..the guy is amazing still…  :notworthy:
  • Gunner4LifeGunner4Life Posts: 6,320
    I was skeptical, because quite frankly I haven't liked anything he has done in probably the last 30 years, he's one of my favs based soley on Beatles and Wings... This stuff is actually some good stuff :clap:
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,614
    I am still a little traumated by hearing Wonderful Christams Time for the first time right before Christmas this year...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o8-eLZhrOA
    Gosh, it is soooo bad it isn't even funny :doh:

I love McCartney though so I'll give this a shot, thanks for the heads up :up:
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,203
    [quote author=mr_crowley link=topic=16043.msg243694#msg243694 date=1390554395]
    I am still a little traumated by hearing Wonderful Christams Time for the first time right before Christmas this year...
    [/quote]
    OMG, got to be THE WORST holiday pop song ever! Heather Mills taking him to the cleaners serves him right for this crappage!
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • Actually been listening to the Beatles and Wings recently, must check this out.

The man is national treasure around my part of the world and great to see him still active and doing the business.
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,614
    This is a fucking great record indeed!

Haven't checked out until now although I got heads up I kind of forgot :doh:

That lead single - New - classic :up: :up: