Mick Jagger's Younger Brother.

guitarrednfeatheredguitarrednfeathered Posts: 4,180
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/chris-jagger-keeps-grooving-little-help-little-brother-204259299.html

This is an article and music video from Chris Jagger who is Mick's younger brother.
I find the whole article and the video a little strange. But I bet it's easier to be Chris Jagger than it is to be Mick Jagger so why shouldn't he be as happy as he looks?
You won't be impressed with the music, I just thought you might find it interesting.

Comments

• RED_SGRED_SG Posts: 2,058
    Oh shit, that was weird, awkward, hilarious, creepy, and yeah,,, interesting at the same time!!

Is he doing children music??
  • :LOL: Right?!?!?!
    I dunno! I really didn't search around about him in general. I just saw this article this afternoon. He's sort of elevator music reggae meets Island Rock snooze fest with a dose of lithium to keep everyone grinning like idiots for a while.
    Can't be a hater though, he doesn't seem to be harming anyone and is at least having a good time.  :biggrin:
  • DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,770
    Brothers/Sisters who also have a musical career  usually go in a different path musically from their famous siblings.
    Cool idea though Jenn for a thread here.

Another thread would be the kids from some of our famous musicians...... examples Trevor Lukather (Steves kid obviously)or Simon Collins son of Phil who was one of the worlds great prog/rock drummers who eventually went up front to do the vocal thing and or top 40 thing.
    Simon kicks ass on drums and sounds a lot like his dad vocally. A talented kid.
  • shaggyshaggy Posts: 859
    He looks like a cross between Mick Jagger & Jack Nicholson.
  • RED_SGRED_SG Posts: 2,058
    [quote author=shaggy link=topic=15883.msg241083#msg241083 date=1386507284]
    [/quote]

True!  :LOL:
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,772
    [quote author=RED_SG link=topic=15883.msg241084#msg241084 date=1386510040]
    [quote author=shaggy link=topic=15883.msg241083#msg241083 date=1386507284]
    [/quote]

True!  :LOL:
    [/quote]

and a hint of Malcolm Mc Dowell too.  :roll:
  • [quote author=Donthegreek link=topic=15883.msg241078#msg241078 date=1386492059]
    Brothers/Sisters who also have a musical career  usually go in a different path musically from their famous siblings.
    [/quote]

yeah, just look(or listen) at Kelle Rhoads  :roll:
    on the other hand, Elijah Blue is probably closer to his father than his mother with his music  :hmm:
    although not very similar...
  • [quote author=Donthegreek link=topic=15883.msg241078#msg241078 date=1386492059]
    Cool idea though Jenn for a thread here.

Another thread would be the kids from some of our famous musicians...... examples Trevor Lukather (Steves kid obviously)or Simon Collins son of Phil who was one of the worlds great prog/rock drummers who eventually went up front to do the vocal thing and or top 40 thing.
    Simon kicks ass on drums and sounds a lot like his dad vocally. A talented kid.
    [/quote]
    Hmm.
    Like Brian Wilson and what's the daughter's name? The Wilson/Phillips thing? What are their names?
    Steven Tyler's whole family (father, mother, uncles) were all  musicians. (I am almost done reading Walk This Way for the first time) And they certainly weren't playing rock.
    Johnny and Edgar Winter? Edgar ended up a little more jazz and Johnny a lot more blues.
    I guess there's probably a huge list of these!
    (Can't take credit for a thread idea though... I just posted this originally because I found Mick's brother to be so benevolently strange.)
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,614
    Haha :LOL: :LOL:
    That music and video was a little weird to say the least :tongue:

He seems like a really likeable guy though :up:
  • Right! It's that strange combination of ".....ummm....WEIRD!" and "well he seems like a nice enough dude...."
    :LOL:
  • My family has musical roots since 150 years (at least, in our knowledge). Everybdy in my dad family side plays something and/or sing.

Our new year's eve is very funny.
  • SirionSirion Posts: 3,115
    This song kind of annoys me. Not because it is bad; on the contrary, I think it could have ended up rather good. Chris has a good voice, which is just raspy enough to make a song in this style sound interesting; with a different singer, it could easily have come across as too clean sounding. In the end, however, the song sounds… unfinished, and, to my own ears at least, it becomes monotonous within a space of less than three minutes. That is never a good thing, and especially not in a song like this, which tries to tell a story, which ends up rather incoherent because of its brevity. (Why is he a fishmonger in the last verse, but then a baker again in the following chorus?)

To my ears, what it specifically wants is a pre-chorus. When the first verse it about to end, I always expect one. This would have broken up the monotony of the song (a little tonal instability, or even a modulation carrying over into the chorus, wouldn't have hurt either), and allowed more time for the story to evolve.

Then again, Chris has had Mick Jagger contribute to his album. What did I ever do to warrant me making such remarks? :wink:
  • [quote author=Halvor Hosar link=topic=15883.msg241551#msg241551 date=1387370071]
    This song kind of annoys me. Not because it is bad; on the contrary, I think it could have ended up rather good. Chris has a good voice, which is just raspy enough to make a song in this style sound interesting; with a different singer, it could easily have come across as too clean sounding. In the end, however, the song sounds… unfinished, and, to my own ears at least, it becomes monotonous within a space of less than three minutes. That is never a good thing, and especially not in a song like this, which tries to tell a story, which ends up rather incoherent because of its brevity. (Why is he a fishmonger in the last verse, but then a baker again in the following chorus?)

To my ears, what it specifically wants is a pre-chorus. When the first verse it about to end, I always expect one. This would have broken up the monotony of the song (a little tonal instability, or even a modulation carrying over into the chorus, wouldn't have hurt either), and allowed more time for the story to evolve.

Then again, Chris has had Mick Jagger contribute to his album. What did I ever do to warrant me making such remarks? :wink:
    [/quote]
    :LOL:
    An excellent post. And you gave this way more thought than I did as far as the mechanics of the song but yes- it becomes monotonous pretty quickly which is a really terrible thing to do to a song. Bleh.

[quote author=eduardoritos link=topic=15883.msg241543#msg241543 date=1387366111]
    My family has musical roots since 150 years (at least, in our knowledge). Everybdy in my dad family side plays something and/or sing.

Our new year's eve is very funny.
    [/quote]
    So cool!!!
  • Gunner4LifeGunner4Life Posts: 6,320
    When they say I have the moves like Jagger, unfortunately they mean Chris Jagger
  • [quote author=Gunner4Life link=topic=15883.msg241826#msg241826 date=1387600076]
    When they say I have the moves like Jagger, unfortunately they mean Chris Jagger
    [/quote]
    :LOL: :LOL: