Terrible covers

Comments

• EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    haha! Thanks for the nice words, Andy. I kept the production purposely very dirty and raw because it was a Motorhead song. It's a simple 4 mic drum recording, and if I remember right there's even overdrive on the snare.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,452
    That Motorhead cover is great…..great song choice to. Not only is that a great Motorhead song….but you guy's cover it your own way. Great version of the song Srikanth……. :up:
  • yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,557
    Yes, nice cover but I also like Donnie Yen, he's so fast ! BTW looks like IPMan 3 is in development !
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,452
    [quote author=yngwie666 link=topic=15834.msg240796#msg240796 date=1385671952]
    Yes, nice cover but I also like Donnie Yen, he's so fast ! BTW looks like IPMan 3 is in development !
    [/quote]

huh?  :huh:
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 2,675
    Some more of my favorites:

Zakk Wylde - I Wish by Stevie Wonder
    Yngwie and Dio - Dream On by Aerosmith
    Dream Theater - Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding by Elton John
  • StitselStitsel Posts: 2,048
    I finally got around to hearing Dio/Malmo's Dream On cover just recently.....& I must say, I was blown away by Dio's contribution.....one of his best vocal performances I've ever heard, IMO.......& that's saying a lot :clap:
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    Hehe, Thanks Andy and Mark! Mark, Patrice is talking about the movie Ip Man and the lead actor.

I always thought this was one of the best covers.

Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,678
    Allow me to counter with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnMOllmx8Xo
    Heir Apparent never got their due.
  • SkyeSkye Posts: 1,661
    [quote author=Sancho link=topic=15834.msg240872#msg240872 date=1385882439]
    Allow me to counter with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnMOllmx8Xo
    Heir Apparent never got their due.
    [/quote]

Someone gave me the demo of this years ago before it came out - I loved it - always thought this was great. Singer sounds JUST like Tate though - from Seattle too I believe.
  • lasm2000lasm2000 Posts: 137
    I just stumbled to this horrible (to my taste) cover of Scorpion's Yellow Raven: . There is way better cover to Yellow Raven by Petrossi Dushan in a tribute album called "Beyond Inspiration". There is also a cover of So Many Lives Away by Byrd which is quite good, the rest of the album is patchy.

Now, for covers that I like and that haven't been mentioned before, the first coming to my mind are:

• [li]Hell Raiser in Ozzy's No More Tears[/li]
      [li]Tea For One by Bonamassa[/li]
      [li]The Messiah Will Come Again by Gary Moore [/li]
      [li]When a Blind Man Cries by Stuart Smith[/li]
      [li]Funeral for a Friend/Loves Lies Bleeding by DT [/li][li]
      [list][li]Most Transatlantic albums have a "deluxe edition" with some nice covers on them. [/li]

[/list]
    [quote author=lasm2000 link=topic=15834.msg244129#msg244129 date=1391139911]
    • [li]Funeral for a Friend/Loves Lies Bleeding by DT [/li]
    [/quote]
    Definitely!
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,614
    I just stumbled to this horrible (to my taste) cover of Scorpion's Yellow Raven: .
    [/quote]

Where to start when it comes to Pain of Salvation? Terrible band :puking:

• [li]Hell Raiser in Ozzy's No More Tears[/li]
    [/quote]

I didn't realize that this was originally a Motorhead song until like two years ago :chuckle:
    Now I just found it strange to hear Lemmy sing it, the Ozzy version is kick ass :up:
  • I love The Cult... However, this is plain unforgivable.

• AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,926
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band covers AC/DC.

It sounds kinda like you feared.
    [quote author=mr_crowley link=topic=15834.msg244753#msg244753 date=1391899626]
    Where to start when it comes to Pain of Salvation? Terrible band :puking:
    [/quote]
    Yep. Horrid.

Speaking of terrible covers... Polish band Crystal Viper decided to aim their arrows at Riot's Thundersteel.