Jim Croce

pprovostpprovost Posts: 2,636
edited December 1969 in Off topic/NON-DINO Music Area
Always loved this guy's music.

Time In a Bottle:

Any other fans of Jim here?
I think sometimes if you try to play too technically, you lose something in the music - like you're playing for another guitar player. I like to play for people. The more sophisticated and mature guitarists become, the more they go with the feel.

- Ritchie Blackmore

Comments

• I like him for about 20 minutes at a time, but I can't get through his whole catalog in one sitting.

BTW, Perry, he's been dead a while.  :wink:
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • pprovostpprovost Posts: 2,636
    [quote author=Dinosaur David B link=topic=15587.msg237092#msg237092 date=1377793807]
    BTW, Perry, he's been dead a while.  :wink:
    [/quote]

I knew that. Better tell Rick though... (Sorry Rick, I couldn't resist.  :biggrin2: )
    I think sometimes if you try to play too technically, you lose something in the music - like you're playing for another guitar player. I like to play for people. The more sophisticated and mature guitarists become, the more they go with the feel.

- Ritchie Blackmore

• jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,030
    In this genre he is the most tolerable .

Brings back childhood memories of AM Radio when I hear his stuff .

John Denver is the guy that makes me wanna kill somebody . :drool:
  • LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,697
    I grew up listening to him in the car when my dad and I drove places together. Him, Neil Diamond, John Denver and Johnny Cash. There is so much he did that was amazing, but I usually try to take him in small doses these days.
    And Three Dog Night ?
    Oh yeah, you didn't get through the 70's without hearing them all the time.
    I still like some of Three Dog Night .

Seals and Crofts too .

Don't forget Cat Stevens !  :woohoo:
    [quote author=jebbudda link=topic=15587.msg237108#msg237108 date=1377801520]
    I still like some of Three Dog Night .

Seals and Crofts too .

Don't forget Cat Stevens !  :woohoo:
    [/quote]

Just keep it off the disco station! :chuckle:
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,203
    I think Croce's Greatest Hits may have been the first full length LP I ever bought with my own money.

When I got to UGA, Georgia started refering to the Bulldogs as "Junkyard Dawgs" and the local radio stations (as well as the marching band) started playing "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" ad nauseum. I haven't listened to him much since then.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,452
    I still love hearing Jim Croce……I used to listen to an 8 track of his in my parents Volvo station wagon when I was a kid. Great singer/songwriter who came up with such great melodies. I agree with Dave though….that 10 to 20 minutes at a time is probably enough.