Why was Jimi Hendrix Kicked out of the army ?

The SeekerThe Seeker Posts: 601
Here is a copy of Jimi's discharge papers.

The best of the reasons for his discharge was: -

'He was apprehended masturbating in the platoon area whilst supposed to be on detail'

( Tx to gminer on DDD for finding this )
Post edited by Black Rose on

Comments

• RED_SGRED_SG Posts: 2,058
    Fuck he looks stoned!!    :weed:
  • StiltzkinStiltzkin Posts: 851
    [quote author=RED_SG link=topic=15266.msg232283#msg232283 date=1370759592]
    Fuck he looks stoned!!    :weed:
    [/quote]

you think that's a palmtree in the background?  :tongue:
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,650
    Army ....... Rock Star

Obviously two different skill sets are required.

So .... he failed at one and excelled at the other.
  • whoopass1whoopass1 Posts: 1,395
    'He was apprehended masturbating in the platoon area whilst supposed to be on detail'

So, if he would've been apprehended masturbating WHILE on detail, it would've been alright I guess.

What I want to know is, Is this considered to be an honorable or dishonorable "Discharge"?......... :clap:
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,890
    [quote author=whoopass1 link=topic=15266.msg232620#msg232620 date=1371393818]

So, if he would've been apprehended masturbating WHILE on detail, it would've been alright I guess.

What I want to know is, Is this considered to be an honorable or dishonorable "Discharge"?......... :clap:
    [/quote]

:roll:

+1
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,650
    I'm sorry. I really didn't read it. Did he actually masturbate until he discharged in the platoon area? That could be dangerous. Someone could have slipped and fallen down.

Still .... that has Rock Star written all over it. That's why so many aged groupies tend to walk with a limp. 

But ...... the ladies limp proudly !!!
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,777
    Maybe Jimi wanted to get out of the army and it was part of a plan to get discharged for psychological problems?  Like peeing or pooping in bed, drooling, attempting suicide, etc. 
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,890
    I wonder if that armed services experience either helped mold Jimi into the freewheeling, pioneering, outrageous personality we later knew him as, or (judging by the offense) he was that way all along, and just went overboard when given the chance to really "be himself". Like a fundamentalist Christian schoolkid finally getting a chance to sow the wild oats. I know he'd already fallen in love with guitar beforehand. I probably need to read a good biography on him.
  • Black RoseBlack Rose Posts: 208
    Hind sight granted of course, but I think its absolutely mind blowing to think that he if hadn't decided to have a wank at that moment, the way things progressed in music may have been very, very different. If time travel movies have taught us anything, its that just a simple digression can change so much.  That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he did indeed do that to get out of the Army, much more ballsy than shitting your pants to avoid the draft like a certain arsehole.