Latest on Bonamassa

The SeekerThe Seeker Posts: 600
edited December 1969 in Off topic/NON-DINO Music Area

An extraordinary set of performances by JB in London last week.

4 concerts on 4 successive nights with a different band and setlist each night.  First night as a trio, the next with a full band and brass section, and the last night at the Royal Albert Hall, was a split acoustic and electric set and he used 2 different bands on the same night.

He played 50 different songs across the 4 nights.

Whether you like him or not, the scale of this is pretty damn scary !

Link

http://jbonamassa.com/rock-history-reviews/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter+14+official&utm_content=Newsletter+14+official+Version+A+CID_7e05575c41a91b80371fae76fe05978b&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software&utm_term=Bonamassa%20Rock%20History%20London2013%20The%20reviews%20are%20in%2050%20songs%204%20venues%201%20week%20Exclusive%20photos%20set%20lists%20and%20reviews%20Click%20to%20view

Comments

• DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,770
    That's actually a really cool thing to do. Great idea. Sort of a bummer for the fans though...which nite do you buy tickets for?  :frown:
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,590
    That's what music is suposed to be.
    If not, watching the same show every year, with the only difference of three or four song, has no sense for me.

It's time to bands to dare and invent and improvise a show every nigth; instrumental parts, differents set list... That's related with Paul's theard in this forum. Do you want I pay 100 bucks for a concert? Bring me a surprise, something exciting...

Bonamassa isn't my favorite, but this effort (personal and finacial effort) is big and shows the path.
  • I saw him in DC a couple years ago. I was surprised at some of his versatility. He did an acoustic set in the middle of the night that blew me away. And I thought his stage dynamic really did him justice. Joe is okay by me.  :up:
    I'll be happy to keep giving him an opportunity to make me happy.