Dave Stewart and Candy Dulfer

pprovostpprovost Posts: 2,636
I always liked this track:

Mellow, but cool. What do you think?
I think sometimes if you try to play too technically, you lose something in the music - like you're playing for another guitar player. I like to play for people. The more sophisticated and mature guitarists become, the more they go with the feel.

- Ritchie Blackmore

Comments

• OskyOsky Posts: 1,056
    Me too...it reminds me of MTV Europe around 1989/90 as it was on really heavy rotation around that time...there's a live version of her doing The Average White Band's Pick Up The Pieces on Youtube which is rather good!
  • I've liked this piece since i first heard it over 20 years ago.
    I'm quite a big Dave Stewart fan, anyways. He's quite a funky guitar player when he wants to be.
  • The SeekerThe Seeker Posts: 600

Here's Candy Dulfer and her band playing one of those songs that a man should play late at night when trying to get a new lady 'in the mood'.  

And whats even better, is that it contains 4 minutes of one of the best phrased and constructed guitar solos you will ever hear, by Ulco Bed  (at 3:44)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KjqVWWJndI

Even the unluckiest guy in the world should get laid after playing this !!

• pprovostpprovost Posts: 2,636
    If I recall, Candy also played sax with Pink Floyd for a while, too.
    I think sometimes if you try to play too technically, you lose something in the music - like you're playing for another guitar player. I like to play for people. The more sophisticated and mature guitarists become, the more they go with the feel.

- Ritchie Blackmore

[quote author=pprovost link=topic=14930.msg227663#msg227663 date=1362142638]
    If I recall, Candy also played sax with Pink Floyd for a while, too.
    [/quote] and Prince!
    [quote author=The Seeker link=topic=14930.msg227658#msg227658 date=1362133718]

Here's Candy Dulfer and her band playing one of those songs that a man should play late at night when trying to get a new lady 'in the mood'.  

And whats even better, is that it contains 4 minutes of one of the best phrased and constructed guitar solos you will ever hear, by Ulco Bed  (at 3:44)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KjqVWWJndI

Even the unluckiest guy in the world should get laid after playing this !!

[/quote] LOL! and yeah love the solo very lyrical!
  • ShoogliePegShoogliePeg Posts: 245
    [quote author=pprovost link=topic=14930.msg227646#msg227646 date=1362113717]
    I always liked this track:

Mellow, but cool. What do you think?
    [/quote]

I remember this song well pprovost I like it, I've always been fond of the sound of a saxamaphone, it just sounds so cool and I like the 'jam' with the acoustic in this song

As for the second clip with Ulco Bed, great solo love the way it builds

Cheers

• Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,452
    Sounds like music that would have been playing during a love scene on Miami Vice.

I do like Dave Stewart though.