Bonamassa in New Funk Band !!

2»

Comments

• CyberDinoCyberDino Posts: 395
    Their album is pretty damn good. Best thing I've ever heard from Bonamassa.
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,886
    Not sure if this is more than peripherally related to the style in the topic video, but I like this better. Way better.

Not sure who the guitarist is, but the bassist is Kevin Chown. I got turned onto him by my bassist/saxman Thom Carvey. The guy is killer, and the guitar playing is extremely cool to my ears.

Just me, no offense to JB fans. I guess I just don't get the love.
  • OskyOsky Posts: 1,056
    [quote author=Haffner link=topic=14888.msg231220#msg231220 date=1368285095]
    Not sure if this is more than peripherally related to the style in the topic video, but I like this better. Way better.

Not sure who the guitarist is, but the bassist is Kevin Chown. I got turned onto him by my bassist/saxman Thom Carvey. The guy is killer, and the guitar playing is extremely cool to my ears.

[/quote]Whoever the guitarist is, he or she's been listening to John Schofield methinks! Cool stuff!
  • BaddstuffBaddstuff Posts: 1,305

[/quote]

I've seen Kevin a few times with The Bombastic Meatbats with Chad Smith on drums.
  • DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,770
    Thanks for the heads up Haffner!!!!! Kevin is a killer bass player...just found out he was in the prog band Artension
    from (1996–1998, 2001–2004). I just ordered the cd.....I guess there's several different guitarists on the cd:
    Tony McAlpine, George Bellas, & Jeff Kollman. 

Kevin Chown is the bassist for Tarja Turunen and Chad Smith’s Bombastic Meatbats, and has also worked with a wide range of artists including JKB, Uncle Kracker, Chuck Berry, Tiffany, The Supremes and Tony Macalpine.

Cool Jazzrock fusion!!
    [quote author=Baddstuff link=topic=14888.msg231230#msg231230 date=1368297446]

[/quote]

I've seen Kevin a few times with The Bombastic Meatbats with Chad Smith on drums.
    [/quote]

Hey that would be really cool! Finally a project featuring Chad that I might actually like (amazing musician, he).

[quote author=Donthegreek link=topic=14888.msg231231#msg231231 date=1368301954]
    Thanks for the heads up Haffner!!!!! Kevin is a killer bass player...just found out he was in the prog band Artension
    from (1996–1998, 2001–2004). I just ordered the cd.....I guess there's several different guitarists on the cd:
    Tony McAlpine, George Bellas, & Jeff Kollman. 

Kevin Chown is the bassist for Tarja Turunen and Chad Smith’s Bombastic Meatbats, and has also worked with a wide range of artists including JKB, Uncle Kracker, Chuck Berry, Tiffany, The Supremes and Tony Macalpine.

Cool Jazzrock fusion!!
    [/quote]

Welcome, Don. Tarja Turunen is no joke, incredible musician.
    Haffner,
    Ya I have Tarja‘s  “What Lies Beneath”  cd and her new one will hit the stores August/September 2013. I'm a fan!

From her website:

The new album, mixed by Tim Palmer (Pearl Jam, U2) is set to be Tarja’s next milestone for symphonic heavy rock thanks to a stellar line-up and a state of the art production.

don
    [quote author=Donthegreek link=topic=14888.msg231234#msg231234 date=1368304818]
    Haffner,
    Ya I have Tarja‘s  “What Lies Beneath”  cd and her new one will hit the stores August/September 2013. I'm a fan!

From her website:

The new album, mixed by Tim Palmer (Pearl Jam, U2) is set to be Tarja’s next milestone for symphonic heavy rock thanks to a stellar line-up and a state of the art production.

don
    [/quote]

Ooops, Don I am so sorry, I thought you meant a certain Finnish guitarist (not particularly well known, most certainly not Power Metal...and I am beating myself up for not remembering his name).

I consider Tarja to be a good singer and of course an excellent musician, but I can't stand her picture perfect, unrocking music. That whole genre bores me to tears.

Just me, and I'm again very sorry for the confusion.
    Not a problem haffner. Curious about the finnish guitarist. We all have our likes and dislikes. I respect everyone's preferences. It would be boring if we all liked the same thing. 
  • The SeekerThe Seeker Posts: 600

JB lays down another nice improv from the same show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NauRlbsa-E

• JoebuddhaJoebuddha Posts: 2,114
    You know, I want to like Joe B but I just can't.
    There is something so incredibly lame about his playing and slightly creepy about him in general.
    I always get the feeling that has some mild form of autism or something.
    Especially in that early clip of him as a teenager.
    I think it might be the giant forehead.
  • MAdXMAdX Posts: 1,993
    [quote author=Joebuddha link=topic=14888.msg231361#msg231361 date=1368631229]
    You know, I want to like Joe B but I just can't.
    There is something so incredibly lame about his playing and slightly creepy about him in general.
    I always get the feeling that has some mild form of autism or something.
    Especially in that early clip of him as a teenager.

[/quote]

I always thought he was Tarantino's lost brother, and probably the whitest bluesman alive.

image image

Or maybe andy from Little Brittain?

imageimage
  • SkyeSkye Posts: 1,661
    [quote author=Joebuddha link=topic=14888.msg231361#msg231361 date=1368631229]

[/quote]

:LOL: