Interview: Meet Dan Spitz, Anthrax Guitarist Turned Master Watchmaker

DynagodDynagod Posts: 971
edited December 1969 in Off topic/NON-DINO Music Area
its a little self glorifying but an interesting and unexpected read nonetheless,  so i thought id share!

Interview: Meet Dan Spitz, Anthrax Guitarist Turned Master Watchmaker

http://www.hodinkee.com/interview-meet-dan-spitz-anthrax-guitarist-turned-master-watchmaker

Comments

• BreakfastimeBreakfastime Posts: 2,152
    Hang on...living on a tour bus since he was 14?  :rolleyes:  So Anthrax started touring in 1977?  Although I was never a big fan of his playing, (or Anthrax, for that matter), he is a pretty interesting/odd character, that's for sure .

Anybody ever read his '20 questions' at Metal Sludge?  Bizz-fucking-zarre!! is probably the best word to describe that interview...
    http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=407&Itemid=52

Highly intelligent, and definitely one of the weirdest "left turns" in rock history, I'd say.

An enjoyable read, and his work with autism is highly commendable.  :clap:
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,777
    The interview is rather interesting and suprising, indeed.  But these 20 questions at metal sludge... he may be a champion of clockworks, but it sounds like something has scrambled his gears...  :nuts:  :chuckle:

• VenomboyVenomboy Posts: 3,601
    King Diamond + cuckoo clock!!!

He has a history of saying he's starting bands and projects that never really are real.

His playing on the reunion tour was pretty bad. His playing on Spreading the Disease was awesome. When we saw them on the reunion tour, my wife said "why is that guy on his knees?" I said, he's really short! D'oh!
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,678
    [quote author=Venomboy link=topic=14206.msg216594#msg216594 date=1346085863]
    His playing on the reunion tour was pretty bad.
    [/quote]
    I have the live DVD from that tour. It's embarassing. He plays like shit, and only talks about clocks in the interviews, ignoring all questions about the band.
    Fruitcake :nuts:
  • When is the next one: Meet Scot Ian, Anthrax Guitarist Turned VH1 Spokesdouche?
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • VenomboyVenomboy Posts: 3,601
    We met him, he's been a super douche for a very long time!
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,600
    Well... where talking about Antrax's people.  :tongue: