Playing on bands you would be ashamed for money

2»

Comments

• eduardoritos

It actually looks to be a lot of fun hahahaha
  • Hey eduardoritos, is that ZZ Top playing in a BBC band  :chuckle:
  • RED_SGRED_SG Posts: 2,058
    Isn't that picture taken from Back to the Future 3??
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,603
  • SkyeSkye Posts: 1,661
    Hey, if it allows you to do music full time I say go for it - no shame there.
  • SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,670
    [quote author=Snail link=topic=13996.msg212943#msg212943 date=1341210086]
    What I don't like is people who play in crappy covers bands - playing the same songs in the same venues (pubs) for over 10 years, poncing around like they are rock stars.
    Like in Devon, England.
    [/quote]

Hey, I resemble that statement!  :biggrin2:
    However, I only ponced around in Devon pubs for a couple of years.
    Are you referring to any particular bands that I might know?
  • TravisWTravisW Posts: 988
    I've played a lot of music that I detested. I seriously think that's a special power that some people have that I just don't. I was in one band where at the end of every rehearsal, I picked up a 6-pack of beer on the way home just so I could hopefully kill the brain cells that would remember the rehearsal.
  • Despite what almost all of you guys said, I ended up being invited to two pop bands with promisses of big money, and refusing both of them. I just don't want to be appearing too much in the wrong place. I thought if I had to be a respected hard rock or metal player one day, I would have to acquire it by my owns means... Now I realized I am not even that good of a player to make it big, the other metal musicians often don't get that impressed. When they do is just because I have dino influences and that is hard to find around here, and also everyone bends out of tune, but other dino-influenced players won't get that impressed. So I should focus on making cool songs and what's to follow we'll see later.