My new project

Comments

• maybeyesmaybeyes Posts: 4,522
    Sounds like you may be looking at a bit of a workaholic manager.  Hope it works and you get what you want out of it.

Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.

• VandenbergVandenberg Posts: 3,945
    A good manager is worth his weight in gold and sadly a rare commodity these day's.

Dave, if he does 10% of what he's says he's  better than 99.99 percent of them at there at present. However make sure that he still has a touch of the shark about him, its a quality that all great managers need, hope he works well for you bud.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 18,378
    Ha! His heroes are Peter Grant and David Geffen.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,714
    As long as one of them isn't Sharon Osbourne…

:nope:
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,955
    That looks like great news! Congrats!  :up:

[quote author=Dr Nick link=topic=13834.msg251263#msg251263 date=1406620561]
    [/quote]
    :LOL: 
    I think having a peaceful and drug-free version of Peter Grant as a manager would likely be ideal.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • OskyOsky Posts: 1,089
    [quote author=Dr Nick link=topic=13834.msg251263#msg251263 date=1406620561]

:nope:
    [/quote] Or worse still her Dad!
  • SkyeSkye Posts: 1,681
    [quote author=Dinosaur David B link=topic=13834.msg251275#msg251275 date=1406645307]
    I think having a peaceful and drug-free version of Peter Grant as a manager would likely be ideal.
    [/quote]

That's great Dave - sounds like he's an ace.

Lol - I always think of PG in SRTS flipping out on the bootleggers at the garden, threatening to pull out of the show - "It's MY BLOODY ACT!!"  :chuckle:
    As I said, I always take a wait-and-see attitude on these things, but for now, he seems to be all one could ask for in a manager. And of course, there's really no risk here. Our agreement is verbal for now. And he doesn't make any money unless he's making money for us.
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • SkyeSkye Posts: 1,681
    [quote author=Dinosaur David B link=topic=13834.msg251321#msg251321 date=1406725583]
    As I said, I always take a wait-and-see attitude on these things, but for now, he seems to be all one could ask for in a manager. And of course, there's really no risk here. Our agreement is verbal for now. And he doesn't make any money unless he's making money for us.
    [/quote]

Perfect.
  • OskyOsky Posts: 1,089
    I'm really chuffed for you and the rest of the band Dave, Feints has a great vibe and some top tunes and really deserves good backing and a bigger audience. Lets hope this guy can help you acheive that  :up:
    Thanks, Osky! I appreciate that.
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Sunday Night Aug 31 at 10:30 PM EST, we are going to be doing a 3 song acoustic set live on WZLX Radio.  An acoustic version of one of our new ones, and a couple of surprise covers.

Listen live here:
    http://player.radio.com/listen/station/1007-wzlx
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Here's the audio:

-- David St. Hubbins.
  • yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,557
    Excuse my ignorance, but is the first song a David Bowie cover ?