My new project

Comments

• Well, we rocked the hell our of the Rock n Roll Rumble.  We didn't win our night -- they gave it to a trendy, cutesie, girl group, which is kind of par for the course. In fact, I was told "hard rock never wins these things"  :wank:  And a lot of people thought we should have won, including the band that did win.

It matters not at all.  Last night was our coming out party in Boston in front of 200 people.  As Nuke Laloosh said, we announced our presence with authority.  No one was talking about the band that won. Everyone was talking about us, and all the press today has been glowing. And we started getting a few more sales of the album today.

Here's a clip of us doing Dice.

Great still pics are here:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.679890855402733.1073741828.285211658203990&type=1

Personally, I've never had a night of such positive musical validation. Tens of people were coming up to me all night after we played saying the band was amazing, and that I was great  :blush:  -- which is very humbling. At least 4 or 5 guitarists accosted me with gear talk and tone talk.  I've seen that kind of praise (deservedly) heaped on/happen to Amy for 10 years -- and it certainly did last night.  But I've never experienced anything like that myself before.  It was a wonderful gig and a wonderful experience.

I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • maybeyesmaybeyes Posts: 4,522
    Sounds great Dave.  You guys and gal sounded like you were having a blast.  Nice performance.  And great that people wanted to know about you too Dave.  That is all quite an accomplishment even if you didn't win.  congrats.

Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.

• MAdXMAdX Posts: 2,053
    Very tight performance I must say, you're kicking ass on stage!  :metal:
  • SkyeSkye Posts: 1,681
    [quote author=Dinosaur David B link=topic=13834.msg247685#msg247685 date=1397343149]
    Well, we rocked the hell our of the Rock n Roll Rumble.  We didn't win our night -- they gave it to a trendy, cutesie, girl group, which is kind of par for the course. In fact, I was told "hard rock never wins these things"  :wank:  And a lot of people thought we should have won, including the band that did win.

It matters not at all.  Last night was our coming out party in Boston in front of 200 people.  As Nuke Laloosh said, we announced our presence with authority.  No one was talking about the band that won. Everyone was talking about us, and all the press today has been glowing. And we started getting a few more sales of the album today.

Here's a clip of us doing Dice.

Great still pics are here:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.679890855402733.1073741828.285211658203990&type=1

Personally, I've never had a night of such positive musical validation. Tens of people were coming up to me all night after we played saying the band was amazing, and that I was great  :blush:  -- which is very humbling. At least 4 or 5 guitarists accosted me with gear talk and tone talk.  I've seen that kind of praise (deservedly) heaped on/happen to Amy for 10 years -- and it certainly did last night.  But I've never experienced anything like that myself before.  It was a wonderful gig and a wonderful experience.

[/quote]

That's awesome man!  :ohyeah:
  • Sounds and looks like you all had a great time!  :up: Mission accomplished.
  • yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,557
    Very cool, too bad the sound is not so good on the video.
  • Well, we're still in this thing.  We got in on a Wildcard -- like in sports playoffs.

Friday night, 9:30  :doh:
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,850
    Proof that rock hurts correct minds.
    Rock is still evil, because is FREE.

You rock.
  • Disciple83Disciple83 Posts: 394
    Awesome! Glad to hear you guys rocked!
  • jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,030
    Wow ....So your back at it this Friday night ?

Battle of the Bands is always a political thing .

I'm glad this was a positive experience for you .

How was the soundman/ PA situation ? I assume they had a professional . Did you use your own guy to mix ?

I noticed you used the Tiny Terror . What was your decision making process given all your options ?
  • Wow ....So your back at it this Friday night ?
    Yes.  :doh:
    Battle of the Bands is always a political thing.
    This was surprisingly NOT so. In fact, the girl band that won our night were very quick to congratulate us on getting the wildcard. They didn't think they were gonna beat us last Friday.  The judging? That may be political. But again, it doesn't matter at all if we win this thing or not.
    How was the soundman/ PA situation ? I assume they had a professional . Did you use your own guy to mix ?
    Pretty good sound system. A bit tricky for the vocals to cut through. You can hear it in the clips.
    We used the venue's guy. Other people hired their own, and it seemed to be a waste of money to me. The bands that hired soundmen didn't sound any better.
    I noticed you used the Tiny Terror . What was your decision making process given all your options ?
    I used the Tiny Terror and the Ampeg 15 watt in stereo.  That's the rig I've been using all along in Feints. The OTT provides the British crunch sound, and the Ampeg provides low end, definition, and clarity. Together in stereo, they sound huge. Plus they are EASY to carry and get power amp distortion at reasonable volumes.

The rig is set up for 4 different levels of gain staging to handle the sonic diversity of the set.  I wouldn't get that out of say, the Hoffmann Marshall.

-- David St. Hubbins.
  • jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,030
    The rig sounded great . :up: I knew it was something besides the TT .

You were dailed right in . This is a good venue for you guys .

Now you'll know what to expect . I wouldn't change anything . :smile:

:shred:
  • We're gonna change up the set a little, but nothing else.
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • maybeyesmaybeyes Posts: 4,522
    Glad the bandd got the wildcard.  Gives you a bit more exposure.  Maybe there will be some word of mouth bringing in a few more people to see ya. :mrhappy:

Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.

• MovingWavesMovingWaves Posts: 558
    That sounds amazing. Nicely done.