Hello

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Songwriting
Hello again,

The last time I posted I was told to stop chasing the chops dragon and write some songs, good advice but a toughie.

My voice isn't great because I don't have the range but there are a few greats over the years that didn't have great range but had a voice.  Not sure if I have a voice but I've written a song.  It harks back to a regular style I hope you like it, the first half has vocals and the rest is instrumental.

http://soundcloud.com/southside-rocks/thorn-of-love

Comments

• BreakfastimeBreakfastime Posts: 2,152
    Cool--very cool!!  Really good tune, lyrics, solo-- :woohoo:

I'm diggin' it!

• Thanks for the comments Breakfastime  :mrhappy:
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,556
    Good stuff. I think your voice works pretty well with that song actually.
    Solid riff, interesting melody, well constructed solo fits with the overall vibe of the song.

I like it.

Keep it up!

• [quote author=Dr Nick link=topic=13728.msg208806#msg208806 date=1335478928]
    Good stuff. I think your voice works pretty well with that song actually.
    Solid riff, interesting melody, well constructed solo fits with the overall vibe of the song.

I like it.

Keep it up!

[/quote]

Thank you, I'm quite please with the sounds I got recording this.  I think I'm going to record 24/96khz from now on.
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,581
    You may not have range but sure as hell has a voice - sounds awesome!

Rest of the song is nice too, great guitarplaying :up: Looking forward to more :smile:
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,486
    Good job!
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,588
    Very Good. Your song, in my opinion, has a very '80s "Ozzy" vocal vibe going. You're singing in a lower key, but the vocal quality and inflection remind me very much of Ozzy. I also like your guitar tracks. They had more of a late '60s / early '70s sound. Spacey rather than chuga-chuga. Much closer to Melodic Hard Rock than Metal. You really do have that Psychedelic '60s signature to both your writing and playing and, since I'm old enough to have lived it, think you should take that comparison as a compliment.  :biggrin:
  • I get why Rick mentioned Ozzy.  :up: 
    I like your tone also. Nice job.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,701
    Very cool song, with a memorable melody and really good vocals  :up:  I enjoyed listening to it. Did you play the bass lines too?
  • DynagodDynagod Posts: 971
    reminds me of high school, and thats a good thing :)
  • [quote author=Seven Moons link=topic=13728.msg209024#msg209024 date=1335894084]
    Did you play the bass lines too?
    [/quote]

Hi SM I played the bass on this too, I used the pod again which has a lot of good sounds for recording IMO.

Thanks for the comments everyone :up: