Off the top of my head:

Arch Enemy - Bury Me an Angel, Bridge of Destiny, Silverwing
    Coroner - Internal Conflicts,  Status: Still Thinking, Semtex Revolution
    Carcass - Keep on Rotting in the Free World, Black Star, Buried Dreams
    Dark Tranquillity - Punish my Heaven
    Death - Flesh and the Power It Holds
    Megadeth - Hangar 18,  Holy Wars, Symphony of Destruction
    Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss, Dead Skin Mask
    (Megadeth and Slayer are not considered Dino, are they?)
  • JoebuddhaJoebuddha Posts: 2,114
    STP - Big Empty
    Monster Magnet - Space Lord
    Pantera - Hard Lines And Sunken Cheeks
  • The 1990's, eh?

I really like that pop hit Criminal from Fionna Apple

The Black Crowes released five records in the 90's and I saw them well over a dozen times.  Few songs of theirs are ones that I actively dislike but for the sake of the thread, the one that's ringing through my brain right now is called Horsehead.  Love the wah wah.

My favorite Tom Petty record was released in the 90's.  It's called Wildflowers and some of my favorites are Honey Bee, Cabin Down Below, and Don't Fade On Me but I love the whole record.

I always think of it as a 90's record but Aerosmith released Pump in 1989 or I'd talk about that even though I know most of you hate it. I'm writing about Aerosmith here even though they are considered Dino since most of you don't consider their 90's work to be very Dino at all, I guess. In the 90's they released Nine Lives which I know you also don't like, but I do. Crash, Nine Lives, The Farm, Taste of India and Pink are all favorites.  :036: Sue me.

A band called I Mother Earth released Dig.  Favorites on that are Rain Will Fall, Dig, So Gently We Go and Levitate.

Stone Temple Pilots released Core.  I loved this record with all my heart. Wicked Garden, Sex Type Thing, Dead and Bloated, and Crackerman were favorites.
    :offtopic:***************Several months ago, Jeb had to learn Baracuda for a band that has that song on regular rotation. There are a few notes of that song that are almost IDENTICAL to a track on Core.  Right now I can't remember what song it is but it might be Wet My Bed.  When he started playing it, he was playing it very slowly and I didn't know he was learning Baracuda. I asked what the hell he was doing because I know he's not a STP fan and couldn't believe he even knew the song. Does anyone know what I'm taking about?  Is it Wet My Bed? I'd have to hear both the Heart song played really slowly again, and the STP song to be sure.
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,208
    The 90s was a decade in which I discovered a lot of non-Dino music, but not much of it was rock. I started listening to blues and country music as well during this time, and I still like a lot of country artists. Dwight Yoakam's cd This Time, featuring the song "Fast as You," is a favorite.

But one of my favorite rock cds from this era was the one and only offering from Swamp Boogie Queen, Ill Gotten Booty. It's like Lynyrd Skynyrd or the Allman Brothers with a female vocalist. The songs "Ease My Mind" and "Help Is On the Way" stand out.

Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,670
    [quote author=guitarrednfeathered link=topic=13675.msg208055#msg208055 date=1334336520]
    A band called I Mother Earth released Dig.  Favorites on that are Rain Will Fall, Dig, So Gently We Go and Levitate.
    [/quote]

Now that's a bloody good album!  :up:
  • maybeyesmaybeyes Posts: 4,522
    [quote author=guitarrednfeathered link=topic=13675.msg208055#msg208055 date=1334336520]
    I always think of it as a 90's record but Aerosmith released Pump in 1989 or I'd talk about that even though I know most of you hate it. I'm writing about Aerosmith here even though they are considered Dino since most of you don't consider their 90's work to be very Dino at all, I guess. In the 90's they released Nine Lives which I know you also don't like, but I do. Crash, Nine Lives, The Farm, Taste of India and Pink are all favorites.   :036: Sue me.

[/quote]
    The IME and Aerosmith were all good in my books.  Nice choice on those songs.  Just because it is pop or in this case Aerosmith went poppier, doesn't mean it ain't good.  I agree with you on those choices.

Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.

• I don't know about which STP song sounds like Barracuda but Sex Type Thing is a pretty direct ripoff of War Machine by Kiss.
  • MovingWavesMovingWaves Posts: 558
    Peace Pipe --Cry Of Love
  • jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,030
    The coolest guitar stuff was THE HELLECASTERS . That first CD freaked me out......especially the Jerry Donahue stuff. :notworthy:
  • SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,670
    Some of my favourite non-Dino albums from the '90s

Alabama 3 - Exile On Coldharbour Lane
    Front Line Assembly - Millennium
    Strapping Young Lad - City
    Carcass - Heartwork

You can't go wrong here, not a bad track on any of 'em!  :up:
  • arbshredderarbshredder Posts: 244
    Eric Johnson - Ah Via Musicom
    Steve Morse - Stressfest
    Oasis - Definitely Maybe
    Shadow Gallery - Carved in Stone
    Spocks Beard - Day for Night.
  • shaggyshaggy Posts: 859
    Sass Jordan- Racine; Rats
    Romeos Daughter- Romeos Daughter
    Tattoo Rodeo- Rode Hard, Put Away Wet; Skin
    Damn Yankees- Damn Yankees

these are all albums that I like quite a few songs off.
  • It's so rare to find other people who know I Mother Earth.  Nice work, Gentlemen.  :up: