Thick As A Brick 2 - streaming

Old SchoolOld School Posts: 763
edited December 1969 in Off topic/NON-DINO Music Area
Officially, it's an Ian Anderson solo album. No Martin Barre.

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/spinner#/1

Comments

• AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,928
    Are You sure that Martin "lancelot" Barre isn´t on it ?

"Adrift And Dumbfounded" sure has some great "Barre Sounding" guitar.

btw: I´m gonna get this, TAAB is my fave Tull album, and this "sequel" doesn´t sound half bad.
    It sounds like Tull, and there´s lots of great sounding electric guitar I can tell, after having heard the stream all through.
  • Old SchoolOld School Posts: 763
    [quote author=Agrippa link=topic=13634.msg207398#msg207398 date=1333380779]
    Are You sure that Martin "lancelot" Barre isn´t on it ?
    [/quote]

Yes. There's a lenthy interview with Ian Anderson in this month's Guitar World where he confirms it.
    Thanks.
    Yes, it seems Martin Barre is not even in Tull anymore
    Florian Ophale plays the electric guitar on TAAB2 and in Tull live.

[quote author=Agrippa link=topic=13634.msg207410#msg207410 date=1333387042]
    Yes, it seems Martin Barre is not even in Tull anymore
    Florian Ophale plays the electric guitar on TAAB2 and in Tull live.

[/quote]

According to Ian, Martin is still part of the band. Apparently he comes and goes as he wishes, and was working on another project while TAAB2 was being recorded. I'll post that part of the interview when I get home tonight.
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    I've seen Tull with Ophale once. It was 2007 I think - and the guy is great but Barre had such a signature sound. I'm sort of interested in this project, but Ian hasn't been able to sing well of late. Let us see!
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
    As promised:

Martin Barre's electric guitar playing has been so integral to Jethro Tull's sound for so long. Has he left the fold for good?

No, no! There are just a couple of projects that Martin wanted to do on his own. I told him that I think it's good to crack on and do it before you get too old. So this is just one of those years where it's good for Martin to go off, do some other projects, work with other projects and have his own identity. It's not that he's been put to one side or dismissed forever.
  • DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,770
    Martin i believe is working on a solo cd. Read it somewhere.
    [quote author=Old School link=topic=13634.msg207431#msg207431 date=1333414993]
    As promised:

Martin Barre's electric guitar playing has been so integral to Jethro Tull's sound for so long. Has he left the fold for good?

No, no! There are just a couple of projects that Martin wanted to do on his own. I told him that I think it's good to crack on and do it before you get too old. So this is just one of those years where it's good for Martin to go off, do some other projects, work with other projects and have his own identity. It's not that he's been put to one side or dismissed forever.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the info !
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,777
    [quote author=Donthegreek link=topic=13634.msg207432#msg207432 date=1333430313]
    Martin i believe is working on a solo cd. Read it somewhere.
    [/quote]

That's good news. I really love "Stage Left".