What are you watching? Movies, shows, documentaries, etc

Comments

• Yeah, yeah- agreed!  I like the shooting style too.  Have fun with the rest of it.  Most people loved it.
  • DonthegreekDonthegreek Posts: 2,751
    American Horror Story (the 1st 13 episodes) was awesome on FX...now waiting to see when the next 13 episodes start.

Jessica Lange is fantastic on this show.
  • VenomboyVenomboy Posts: 3,601
    Just finished Black Swan. Ok that was lame. Some creepy and gross parts but very lame.
  • [quote author=Venomboy link=topic=13349.msg202648#msg202648 date=1328047076]
    Just finished Black Swan. Ok that was lame. Some creepy and gross parts but very lame.
    [/quote]
    :rotflmfao: :rotflmfao:  *Sorry, Dude.
    :silenced:
  • VenomboyVenomboy Posts: 3,601
    If Natalie portman would have said, "Ani?" it would have been perfect.
  • yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,551
    My son really liked "Real steel" (fighting robots with Hugh Jackman). I saw the last Mission Impossible and it was Ok but a bit too much Tom Cruise for my taste.
    On TV I started to watch Terra Nova: what can I say ? I like dinosaurs...
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 3,088
    [quote author=Venomboy link=topic=13349.msg202583#msg202583 date=1327942088]

I also just finished the Power Metal episode on VH1. Wow. I want to laugh and cry. The marching band playing The Final Countdown was hilarious. I love how Yngwie didn't want to show up.
    [/quote]

I was disappointed that they didn't cover death and black metal. The most important developments in metal in the past 20 years, and it wasn't touched.
  • NobbyNobby Posts: 2,255
    I watched the extended version of Fellowship Of The Ring today for the first time with a couple of friends after I haven't seen the original cut in a very long time. What a masterpiece, seriously the best fantasy series ever made. Extended cut adds some nice scenes the flesh some stuff out, nothing too critical though. Still, I'd recommend it to fans, It's longer but I wasn't bored for a second. Then again, I love that kind of stuff  :tongue:
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,678
    Revisiting Jeeves & Wooster. Brilliant British comedy.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,701
    I spit on your grave.  The first half is a complacent realistic rendition of the violent rape of a young woman by a bunch of white trash guys, and the second half is the ridiculously irrealistic gory revenge of said woman.  Overall, nauseating.  Or maybe I've just missed the point.

It's not a cinematographic highlight. It is what it is, a seventies exploitation movie. As such, it's better than most actually.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,701
    [quote author=Sancho link=topic=13349.msg203045#msg203045 date=1328443638]
    It's not a cinematographic highlight. It is what it is, a seventies exploitation movie. As such, it's better than most actually.
    [/quote]

It was shot in 2010, but it seems it's a remake of a '70s movie, indeed.  I haven't seen the '70s version. It could have been a strong movie (some sort of equivalent of a Slayer song) but in its current form, I think it is not. The director seriously missed an opportunity IMO. 

The trailer doesn't show much:

• HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,804

I prefer Last House on the Left, by a mile. Unrealistic, but the over the top stuff is balanced by a soundtrack with a sick yet refreshing sense of humor.
    [quote author=Seven Moons link=topic=13349.msg203047#msg203047 date=1328448015]
    It was shot in 2010, but it seems it's a remake of a '70s movie, indeed.  I haven't seen the '70s version. It could have been a strong movie (some sort of equivalent of a Slayer song) but in its current form, I think it is not. The director seriously missed an opportunity IMO. 
    [/quote]
    Well, I've only seen the original. And that may be more graphic. Probably coarser.
  • SirionSirion Posts: 3,115
    Watched Pygmalion, Oscar winner from 1938 the other day. I think I have never seen a film where they managed to screw up so much in the last minute of what was otherwise a brilliant film. On the other side of comedy, I'm finally going to watch Airplane! tonight.