What are you watching? Movies, shows, documentaries, etc

Comments

• HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,799
    Watched "The Interview" and found Franco's character particularly well done in a "wow I can't believe what a ridiculously dumb clown this guy is" way. The movie isn't anywhere near as controversial as people saw it at the time imo, and not exactly terrific overall. But there are some hearty laughs, worth watching imo.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,318
    Haffner said:
    Watched "The Interview" and found Franco's character particularly well done in a "wow I can't believe what a ridiculously dumb clown this guy is" way. The movie isn't anywhere near as controversial as people saw it at the time imo, and not exactly terrific overall. But there are some hearty laughs, worth watching imo.
    I thought that movie was pretty funny and yeah Franco was great. Franco is probably one of my favorite modern actors. I loved him in 'The Deuce'.
    Duojett71 said:
    Started watching 'Man In The High Castle' Season 3. So far only one episode in. I tried to watch it like four times and because I have been so exhausted at night I kept falling asleep. First episode was really good though. My main issue is that there is so much going on in the story line that I feel I need to watch Season 2 again. It's a show that you have to pay a lot of attention to.....but for the most part I remember most of it. Look forward to watching a couple episodes tonignt.
    Meant to say Season 4. I have watched 6 episodes and it is really good. John Smith's character has gotten really interesting and I also really like the "antique" dealer Robert Childan. Such a great series. I wish it was not the last season.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,486
    edited December 2019
    Just binged this one. An amazing, extremely twisted, tale (and not in the ways you might think), with so many unexpected and horrifying twists and turns affecting so many lives.  Really excellent documentary work. 

Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
    Image result for the witcher
    Cool show. I have the video game so it makes it a little more interesting. The timeline is a little hard to follow at times. Very entertaining however. 
    This is surprisingly good for a network show.  And with 22-episode seasons, there's plenty of good character development. 
    Binging it on CBS All Access.

• cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,143
    Having just set up a new smart TV, my wife and I discovered The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. We're hooked! The title character is a real treat! Fantastic supporting cast and overall production too. We just finished Season One, can't wait to continue.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
    That's a great show.

• Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,701
    edited February 4
    Lately:

Yet another movie about Escobar. Excellent acting by Bardem and Cruz, but the movie is rather superficial and total cliché. Still, it's watchable. 

Pretty good.  I didn't know the full story about the Snowden affair, it was interesting. 
    Post edited by Seven Moons on

• Very good doco.
    Image result for Legend Movie

Another movie about The Krays of the East end of London. Good movie, although there are liberties taken with the actual facts. Tom Hardy does a great job as Reggie and Ronnie Kray. I remember seeing the 1990 film 'The Krays' starring the Kemp brothers from Spandau Ballet....and that one was pretty good. I might have to revisit that one and compare between the two.
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,872
    Yes they are around 70 (Buck and Eric are), no they will never come across on a stage like they did back in 75-78, but still: pro photage, great sound and a killer set list, not much not to like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAts0dNooh8
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,799
    Watching old fights again, especially this one, where both fighters come across as champions. One of the greatest heavyweight fights ever.

• MelodicGritMelodicGrit Posts: 584

This show is what being a guitar hero is all about, a total masterclass.  If anything, Frank's phrasing has gotten better over the years and his tone here is remarkably clear with less gain than previously (to my ears) and chops at 100%, no sloppiness at all.  Remarkable how his playing for the whole 6 hours is focused.  I wish all of our Dino heroes could maintain at this level of playing and singing in their golden years.  Now how about a new album?
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,699
    On second season of this now. I am enjoying it more than I should, I am afraid.