What are you watching? Movies, shows, documentaries, etc

Comments

• Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,324
    Big fan of the show, but I'm finding season 5 of Peaky Blinders tedious and directionless.  :/

will take a crack at Hanna.
    You might want to see it through to the end of the season. I thought the story was quite good.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,492
    edited October 2019
    Duojett71 said:
    Big fan of the show, but I'm finding season 5 of Peaky Blinders tedious and directionless.  :/

will take a crack at Hanna.
    You might want to see it through to the end of the season. I thought the story was quite good.

You're right, @Duojett71. In episode five, they seemed to stop dicking around and finally pick a direction. 
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,872
    His Dark Materials. Good to see an English fantasy series, there is another mood, which I enjoy, than in most American fantasy series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APduGe1eLVI
    Image result for jack ryan season 2 poster

Season 2. So far I am 4 and a half episodes in and it's probably even better than Season 1. John Krasinksi might be the best Jack Ryan yet. Wendell Pierce is also great as Jim Greer.
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,556
    Stranger Things, with my son.
    Sort of The Goonies with supernatural powers. Quite Stephen King-ish.
    Just finished Season 3. Far more violent/visually grandiose than 1 and 2, not sure if it's better. 
    But clearly prepared the ground for Season 4. 

Unknown.jpeg 17.5K
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,872
    edited November 2019
    I received my copy of Frank Marino´s 3dvds 1bluray and 175 p. book "live at the Agora Theater" box set today. And have been glued to my 55" samsung flatscreen all day.
    If you only buy one music dvd a year, make it this one.
    Really, this music is as close to a definition of "Dinosaur Rock Guitar" I´ve ever seen anybody perform.

I´ve never been into Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush, but now I know I´ve been missing out.
    I ordered this from Franks website, mainly because of Pete Pardo of "Sea Of Traquility"´s review.

I love it !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd5MA4sKefI

go here to buy: 

https://mahoganyrush.net/dvd/

Post edited by Agrippa on
  • Final season of The Man in the High Castle.

Final season of The Man in the High Castle.

I am going to start watching that soon. I need a recap of Season 3 before I do though. When I watched Season 3 I had forgotten many things that happened in Season 2...and at times felt lost. Seems like each episode covers a lot of ground.

Right now watching Season 3 of The Deuce. Great show. 
    edited November 2019
    So far, TMITHT last season is really good.

I felt the Deuce went off the rails.  I ceased caring about any of the characters.
  • SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,657
    I went to see Ford Vs Ferrari (or Le Mans '66 as it's known over here) last night.
    I enjoyed it very much - and I haven't been able to say that about a cinema visit for a long time!
    Yeah, there maybe a couple of quibbles if you're a hardcore car nerd, but it's big and loud, and kept me sitting still for 150 minutes.
    Highly recommended!

Also, it doesn't feature dragons, talking robots, comic book characters or a dickhead hip-hop soundtrack....

edited November 2019

Very much enjoyed the last season. Ending was a little open-ended, but all-in-all, really well done.
    Image result for the mandalorian
    Watched the first two episodes back to back. It's really good....especially if you are into Star Wars.....but even as a stand alone series its great. It's like a Western. The character is Din Jarron...and not Boba or Jango Fett....but he is the same race and same bounty hunter guild. My only complaint is that the episodes are only about 35 minutes long and it is a true series in that there is a new episode each week....as a opposed to something off Netflix or Amazon Prime where the whole series is available for streaming at once. I will have to go beyond Disney Plus' free trial to watch the whole series......
    Image result for well played State Farm meme
    edited November 2019
    This is a really good (Amazon) series if you like British stuff (and I generally prefer British TV).  Nicola Walker is great in everything she does. Just binged season three. Excellent. 

Started watching 'Man In The High Castle' Season 3. So far only one episode in. I tried to watch it like four times and because I have been so exhausted at night I kept falling asleep. First episode was really good though. My main issue is that there is so much going on in the story line that I feel I need to watch Season 2 again. It's a show that you have to pay a lot of attention to.....but for the most part I remember most of it. Look forward to watching a couple episodes tonignt.
  • Started season 4. Really good show that has gotten way better as it's gone along.