Jerry Lee Lewis, Kid Rock, Slash (rockin my life away)

Smoking GunsSmoking Guns Posts: 4,547

Pretty cool song I guess... 

Comments

• Awesome!  I love how it doesn't sound modern, but it doesn't sound like the really really tried hard to make it sound 'old'.

I also love the song itself, Slash's solo, and I'm gonna give Kid Rock a pass from now on just because of this.

And the name of the album..."Mean Old Man" is perfect!

The only way this could be any better is if Lemmy were somehow involved.

• Good GAWD I love this!!  This is practically bringing me to tears because it's so good.  Seriously.  
    I love that old rock and roll, and Jerry Lee has always been tops in my book.

And I will never say anything bad about Kid Rock ever again AND he sounds fucking great here so i guess that means I'm saying nice things already about him.  Oh man!!

Slash is KILLIN' ME HERE!!

Fucking awesome.  CD comes out this winter--this is the flip of his new single "Mean old man" w/Kris Kristofferson (I'm fixing to 'flip the record' here in a minute...nearly worn out this side!)  Two minute songs make you have to listen over and over (can't believe I just realized that).  Man, this is great!

The only thing that might make me more ecstatic in an old-time rock and roll way would be some new Little Richard...man that woould be too much.

*A side is pretty great as well, mid/up tempo 70's style outlaw country style blues shuffle, great lyrics and plenty good pickin'

EDIT: shit this thing is a year old already!! How did I not hear about this before??  :036:

Thanks, Smoking Guns!  :metal:
  • Kid Rock works here for sure, this song is infectious, so kick ass!
  • StevilStevil Posts: 3,334
    You guys should check out the Last Man Standing record... with Jimmy Page doing Rock & Roll...killer stuff.

• [quote author=Stevil link=topic=11024.msg168256#msg168256 date=1284286980]
    You guys should check out the Last Man Standing record... with Jimmy Page doing Rock & Roll...killer stuff.

[/quote]

Freaking awesome!
  • [quote author=Stevil link=topic=11024.msg168256#msg168256 date=1284286980]

[/quote]

Holy shit--here we go again!  What a way to wake up in the morning  :metal:

Buess what I'll be listening to for the next several hours?

I have to go to the record store sometome today...