The new Immortal DVD

EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
edited December 1969 in Off topic/NON-DINO Music Area
Live at Wacken 2007. Just watched the first 15 minutes and it's fantastic. It's titled "the seventh date of blashyrkh".  :metal: :metal: :metal:
Check out my band: Bevar Sea

Comments

• SanchoSancho Posts: 18,678
    I'm buying this for Wendy as soon as I get the chance to go to the record store.
    Immortal are one of the few black metal bands I can appreciate, especially live.
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,943
    I was there, so I guess I have to buy it.

Great title also !

Did I mention that they were great this year too ?
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,920
    I have to check this out. I've liked Immortal since Diabolical Full Moon. They started out hyper speed Bathory, then started incorporating more Classic Metal stuff. Loved "At the Heart of Winter" and "Blizzard Beasts" ("Mountains of Might"!).

Haven't heard anything since "Damned in Black". Good?
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    Their comeback album from 2009 kicked all sorts of ass.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,678
    Yep, the comeback album is killer.
    I saw the band live in 2000, on a bill featuring After Forever, Labyrinth, Within Temptation, Rhapsody and Saxon.
    Apart from Saxon, Immortal were the only band I enjoyed that day. Real music. Killer.
    [quote author=Haffner link=topic=10892.msg166258#msg166258 date=1281618189]
    I have to check this out. I've liked Immortal since Diabolical Full Moon. They started out hyper speed Bathory, then started incorporating more Classic Metal stuff. Loved "At the Heart of Winter" and "Blizzard Beasts" ("Mountains of Might"!).

[/quote]
    Well....
    All Shall Fall (2009)  is very good, but imo not as coherent as "Sons Of Northern Darkness from 2002, which is actually my fave Immortal album.

Tyrants, from SOND:
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,920
    [quote author=Agrippa link=topic=10892.msg166275#msg166275 date=1281629390]
    [quote author=Haffner link=topic=10892.msg166258#msg166258 date=1281618189]

[/quote]
    Well....
    All Shall Fall (2009)  is very good, but imo not as coherent as "Sons Of Northern Darkness from 2002, which is actually my fave Immortal album.

Tyrants, from SOND:

[/quote]

Whoa this is heavy! Still has a little of that "Blood Fire Death/Hammerheart" influence, which is very cool to me. Really good. Can you hear the bass better on the cd?
    Yes, a little, it is a bit burried, as many metal recordings often have it. (cough!)...andjusticeforall !(cough).
    After having listened to it again, I´d say that it certainly has a better sound than the youtube clip, but if it´s enough bass for you, now you focus on it, I cannot say.

BTW I have both the vinyl and the cd version of SOND , and I was just curious, so I AB´ed ´em, and as often is the case, the vinyl version has more... instrumental distinction (?), I´d say.
    It´s way easier to hear the bass (and guitar and drums and...) properly on the vinyl version.

Probably a question of better and more meticulous mastering on the vinyl version.