Bryan Adams/Jim Vallance

JasonJason Posts: 1,931
edited December 1969 in Off topic/NON-DINO Music Area
I really like a lot of the songs that came outta these guys.  They're not quite Dino but they have some heavier moments. Their stuff RULES in a metal format (as their contributions to KISS Creatures of The Night proved) -- to me at least. What do you guys think of them?

Comments

• EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    Canada needs to apologise for this Bryan Adams nonsense.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,678
    I think Bryan Adams is a stain upon mankind.
    And yes, Canada needs to apologise for him even more than they do for Celine Dion.
  • Jim Vallance gets a lot of shit as one of those 80s song doctors who pussified a lot of bands in an attempt to get a hit. I don't see it that way, I think the guy wrote some great songs, regardless if the bands became wimpier, that was their decision and Vallance shouldn't get blamed for it. For what he does, he was pretty good at it.
    He co-wrote more than half of Scorpions' Crazy World and while that's not exactly their best album, I enjoy it and think it still has a few kickass songs. Vallance co-wrote Don't Believe Her, which I think is one of the most underrated Scorpions tracks. He also co-wrote numerous great Aerosmith songs. Looking up his name on my itunes, I don't really understand why he's blamed for giving the bands a wimpy sound, from the tracks I have on my itunes he contributed to, there are plenty of heavy rockers.

As for Bryan Adams, I enjoy a few songs, never got as far as purchasing an album though. His post-80s stuff isn't really my cup of tea but I think I could enjoy one of his classic albums if I ever bought it.
  • Reckless is awesome. One of my favorite rock records.  :up: :up: :up:
  • pprovostpprovost Posts: 2,638
    [quote author=CrazyLarry link=topic=10707.msg163839#msg163839 date=1278069964]
    Reckless is awesome. One of my favorite rock records.  :up: :up: :up:
    [/quote]

I really like that album as well. It's loaded with good songs. Easily Bryan's best.

Most of Adams' other albums, I can take or leave though.
    I think sometimes if you try to play too technically, you lose something in the music - like you're playing for another guitar player. I like to play for people. The more sophisticated and mature guitarists become, the more they go with the feel.

- Ritchie Blackmore

• SimonMSimonM Posts: 19
    Reckless is a favourite of mine. no bad songs on that one. I actually like a lot of Bryan Adams's early material up to Into the Fire. He really lost his balls in the early 90s - his most recent albums are pop, not rock.
  • JoebuddhaJoebuddha Posts: 2,125
    Dude!!
    I love Bryan Adams he was one of the guys I listened to in my pre-teen days who got me into the idea of playing guitar.
    And his guitarist Keith Scott was fucking great.
    When I was in High School I played and sang It's Only Love with a girl singer at our talent show and we brought the house down.

He was also one of the reasons that I still own a GK 250ML
  • I  still love Summer Of '69.  I like the older Bryan Adams stuff that I know.  I've never owned a record (or cassette) so I don't really know too much more than what the radio chose to share but I'm not a big fan of his ballad-y stuff so much. 

Celine Dion?  Celine Dion makes me want to rip my eyelids off of my face and set fire to my elbows before I go running through the town square screaming, "KILL!!!!! DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,678
    [quote author=guitarrednfeathered link=topic=10707.msg163904#msg163904 date=1278188527]
    Celine Dion?  Celine Dion makes me want to rip my eyelids off of my face and set fire to my elbows before I go running through the town square screaming, "KILL!!!!! DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    [/quote]
    That's my natural reaction to Bryan Adams...
  • merlo_zeppelinmerlo_zeppelin Posts: 1,405
    [quote author=Sancho link=topic=10707.msg163924#msg163924 date=1278249283]
    [quote author=guitarrednfeathered link=topic=10707.msg163904#msg163904 date=1278188527]
    [/quote]
    That's my natural reaction to Bryan Adams...
    [/quote]

I actually like em both pretty much.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,494
    While I agree about Celine Dion and the fact that Canada needs to do allot of apologizing over her, there are
    quite a few Bryan Adams songs I like. I do cringe if I hear the theme song to that stupid Robin Hood movie,
    but I thought his mid to late 80's stuff was good. I always like that song "Into The Fire", plus the earlier
    stuff off of 'Reckless' and that era was good to.